All reviews the pub murphy's bar great location great traditional music trad music middle of town stay there again guest house two nights thoroughly enjoyed our stay full irish stayed one night breakfast was included nice room bed and breakfast each morning ireland
Reviewed 15 September 2012

i stayed here for two weeks and loved it, friendly staff, great food and good value for money, i stayed in the lakes hotel and the glen eagle, i much prefer murphys.
its in the center of town great spot to base yourself for a short or long break

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Craftypaddy77
Marianadmin, Owner at Murphy's Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2012

Good Afternoon

Thank you for your resent review. It was great to hear your positive review of Murphy’s. We hope your experience will have us welcoming you back again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 13 September 2012

Visited this Pub a few times while in Killarney. stopped one afternoon for a light bite. food was very good. staff super friendly!!!!
Went back one night for entertainment. very crowded and loud. Could barely hear band with the crowd...but everyone was having a great time.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DJMcL82

Good Afternoon Debra

Thank you for your resent review. I’m trilled to hear you enjoyed your experience with us. We really appreciate your comments and will pass these on to our team in Murphy's.

Reviewed 13 September 2012

Having spent three wonderful days in Killarney, we'd been to Murphy's several times this week for excellent, authentic Irish food, beer and late night music. Mr. Murphy himself poured our drinks last night and was very gracious. Tonight was different, and what Mr. Murphy needs to be aware of. My wife and I dropped in for an after dinner " dessert" drink of Bailey's and coffee. The bartender with a mustache gave my wife a look that basically said " are you kidding me, you are going to make me make you this drink" seriously, this guy was a total jerk and not only a bad representative for this fine business, a terrible example for Killarney. I've experienced service like this in Paris, but never in Ireland. Just thought I would pass this on. I will go back someday, but if this SOB is my bartender....it ain't going to be pretty.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

Greeting from Killarney

Thank you for your resent review. I was very disappointed to read your review and apologise. We pride ourselves on friendliness and customer service here in Murphy's and value customer feedback so we can improve and learn from it. Your comment has been brought to the attention of the staff member and we hop to welcome you back to Murphy’s in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 15 August 2012

Murphy's is in an excellent location it is just a 5 minute walk from train station, the hotel itself was really clean, the beds were really comfortable! The food was excellent! Most of all the staff were friendly and went over and beyond the call of duty!!! My mum was down with my 2 kids and while out and about in Killarney she had a bad fall as she returned to hotel she got the best of care and the staff could not do enough and were extremely accomading when I had to go down and take her and the boys home, they accomadated myself with an extra bed in the room and no request was too much!!! I would really like to thank the staff for the care that was received by my mum, 2 boys and myself when I arrived down! We would definitley go back again!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Sabrina R
Marianadmin, Owner at Murphy's Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2012

Good Afternoon Sabrina

Thank you so much for your great review and taking the time to post it. I passed on your kind words to the staff who were delighted with your comments. We hope to welcome ye all back to Murphy's in the future.

Reviewed 15 August 2012

The service in Murphy's was second to none I have stayed in many places but I just cant get over the treatment I recieved I was visiting Killarney with my 2 grandsons and I was out and about in Killarney and had a bad fall when I got back to the hotel the staff could not do enough for me they rang the doctor and kept an eye on me until doctor came the owner and staff especially a girl called Kay went over and beyond the call of duty!!! Words can not describe the excellent service I recieved I can not thank them enough. The guesthouse is also in an excellent location just a 5 minute walk from train station. Food was excellent!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

Good Afternoon Helen

It was great to receive such a great review. I’m delighted to read about the excellent service you received and how much you appreciated it. We strive to give our guests the best possible service to all our customers when they visit Murphy's. Kay was trilled with your kind words.
Thank you for taking the time to post the review.
Don’t leave it too long before ye all come back to visit us in Killarney.