All reviews the pub murphy's bar great location great traditional music trad music middle of town stay there again guest house two nights thoroughly enjoyed our stay full irish stayed one night breakfast was included nice room bed and breakfast each morning ireland
Reviewed 13 March 2012

We had a quick stop in killarney for one night before heading to Dingle and we arrive in the evening to a very friendly and warm welcome at reception. We checked in smoothly and went up to our rooms where they were perfectly clean and loads of room. We them went down to the bar and got some food which was fabulous. Checked our early the next morning with no hassle.
I would def stay here again and would def recommend it.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 March 2012

I have visited Killarney and stayed in Murphys Bar many times, and have always enjoyed it very much. In the past I have always eaten from the excellent Bar Menu, which is great food ! This last visit we ate one evening at the Lord Kenmares Restaurant within Murphys, and the whole experience was fantastic !! I have travelled extensively and eaten at some world class restaurants in my time, but this was probably the best eating experience I have ever had. The Service and, and was excellent value for money !! Congratulations to Murphys on the Lord Kenmares experience ! I'll be back that's for sure.
Stuart Harding, Bristol

Room Tip: Rooms at the rear of the Hotel are a little quieter ( street noise).
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 March 2012

Our first dinner in Killarney. I had the Lamb Shanks and my wife had the Hake. We both really enjoyed the food. The two waitresses in our area were always in and out and easily accessible if we needed anything. All and all probably one of the better and better priced establishments in Killarney.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 February 2012

We walked the 500 m to Murphy's from the train station. Killarney is a small town so viewing the locale is a short walk from the guesthouse. You can see most of it within an hour or so. We occupied room 213 which was towards the back. It was clean and spacious as was the bathroom. I believe the place was recently refurbished. There is a cosy pub on the ground level and a more upscale restaurant on the 1st floor. Breakfast was included and we found the offerings to be average at best. Mostly scrambled eggs. We liked the place. Most of the staff were very nice and helpful (the receptionist called the tour company to have us picked up at the guesthouse), but it did not have the cheery character of a b&b.

Room Tip: Back rooms were quieter. Skip breakfast, there are better places in town.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 February 2012

Never stayed at the guesthouse , as we always stay at the Reeks--Mary is wonderful. However, the food and the pints are great. Always busy and with good reason. We have eaten and drank there several times. Always stop in when in Killarney.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family