New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Muckross Park Hotel & Spa

Muckross Park Hotel & Spa
Ranked #16 of 39 Hotels in Killarney
Dublin, Ireland
“Our wedding weekend in MPH - excellent venue”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2010

I have stayed in the MPH before deciding to book it for our wedding reception.
I stayed there the night previous to the wedding, the wedding night and the night after and had the best weekend of my life, and a lot of thanks for this goes to the hotel. The hotel venue and the top class service we received was exactly what I hoped it would be from the time we booked it to the time we left after the wedding. Their events team were so good to deal with beforehand in sorting out the preparations and plans, and so professional on the day itself. Stress free. All the little details and personal touches I asked for were taken care of. We were so happy with everything. The venue itself for the drinks reception in the Atrium, the gardens outside, and the Abbey suite looked fantastic on the day. The wedding service was so professional in every aspect both for the food and drink service on the day, to all the extra service we received from the time we arrived. I was getting ready the morning of the wedding in the hotel itself and the staff were running around helping us to get organised. The reception staff looked after my guests excellently also and had rooms ready for guests arriving early ahead of the wedding. The food on the wedding day was incredible. We had so many compliments from our guests about the quality of the food on the day as being the best ever wedding meal, which I never doubted as it was one of the reasons for choosing the hotel as a venue. The whole events team and general hotel staff there are fantastic.

During this stay, the breakfasts were again excellent, cooked to order. We also are in GB shaws the night after the wedding with a large group and again food and service were excellent,. There is a lovely atmosphere in here at night. Stayed in 2 rooms, two different suites, one historic and one modern room during my stay and both excellent. I unfortunately didnt have time this time for the spa. This hotel is excellent for a romantic weekend for two as it is luxurious, relaxing and right in the scenic national park.

We've been to a lot of weddings home and abroad over the last few years and the MPH is definately on the top of its game when it comes to catering for them. I will very happily recommend the Muckross Park hotel to anyone looking for a wedding venue in Kerry or Ireland for that matter. I look forward to hopefully going back for our wedding anniversary.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DeniMu

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (244)
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2010

My partner and I stayed here on a 2 night break for a birthday celebration. We got offered a fantastic deal that included dinner on both nights and were upgraded to a suite, which was out of this world!
The staff were incredible, nothing was a problem, including chagning a dinner reservation at the last minute.
The hotel was spotless, great attention to detail everywhere. The food in both restaurants was excellent, as was the service. Great choices on both menus, all tastes were catered for.
I used the spa which was part of the package and vey relaxing. The vitality suite is available to all hotel guests, free of charge. Highly recommend it.
I would like to extend our thanks to Caroline O'Grady on Reception for going above and beyond the call of duty with regard to looking after us.
I look forward to our return visit!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
kilkenny
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2010

myself and my partner were greeted at reception by a very friendly receptionist called caroline who made us feel welcome the minute we entered the hotel,we were then brought to over room by the porter,the room was just perfect with ever attention to detail.we then went to the spa and spent an hour just relaxing,again the staff were excellent and provided us with refreshing fruit drinks as we got out of the pool.later that evening we had a beautiful meal in the restaurant,all in all it was a very pleasant experience.well done lads keep up the good work.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
Staffordshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2010

The staff in all areas of the hotel were excellent and we were made to feel special at all contact points.
I would recommend a package that includes dinner and spa access as the hotel although well situated for touring, is a little way outside of Killarney.
The room was clean, comfortable and really well positioned so we enjoyed both our sleep experience and the facilities.
The spa was well equipped and is well worth a visit.
Breakfast is really excellent with great food served in pleasant surroundings by a friendly team that really seemed to enjoy meeting their customers.
We had the "fine dining" experience in GB's and this was also very good with high quality food served by friendly and efficient staff.
There were however a couple of downside's from our stay - I was disappointed that the Residents Bar was closed (unusual for a 5 star hotel) and there was no obvious place to have a pre dinner drink in comfort. In addition the piano bar had no pianist and it would have been nice to relax and listen to some music.
The main disappointed was Molly Darcey's, the pub attached to the hotel, as this served really average food in a poorly lit bar with sticky tables. Unfortunately this was part of my specific package so I felt I had no option.

Advice to hotel management - do something about Molly's the offer needs to be refreshed and it needs to be better integrated with the rest of the hotel.

Congratulations on the quality of the staff.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
Killarney, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2010

I Got married in Muckross Park in August and it was flawless from start to finish. From the day we decided to go with MPH they were fantastic to deal with, nothing was a problem and their guidence for my special day was so spot on.The moment we arrived at the Hotel Everything ran smoothly, food was supberb, staff were the nicest right down to the glass collectors. The Spa was somthing out of this world. Management were the best I have seen anywhere. I can't put into words my experience that we had at MPH. They really made our day special. Thank You.....

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple