I booked a room for two nights for a wedding proposal and was not disappointed, the hotel is in a magnificent location (National Park) and is quite close to the city center and is a short distance from the Torc waterfall and Muckross Abbey amongst others. The hotel also offers complimentary bike rental which is really a great feature as a bike is the best to get around to see the various sights.
Where to start, the hotel and adjacent pub and restaurant look really great and the welcome from all the staff, particularly Danny was second to none, we really appreciated the time he took and all of the staff there to make us feel like we were the only ones in the hotel, even though there were 2 weddings planned on the Friday and Saturday, I don't know how they do it but the hotel did not feel busy or crowded and the staff never seemed overwhelmed in any way which was amazing. He also provided us with all the local tips and things to do and a brief history of the region and hotel, although he must provide this information day-in/day-out to guests, it never felt rehearsed or tired and it's these little things that make a difference in how the staff care about their guests.
The room we were booked in was a suite (an upgrade) and was a dream, massive jacuzzi bath , welcome gifts, nothing was amiss. The room was huge and the bed was supersized and super comfy. The bathroom was really cool with a waterfall type shower as well as the jacuzzi/bath. We loved the toiletries provided for bathing and care, really top quality.
We used their SPA (included in booking) and what can I say that has not been mentioned already, it was absolutely brilliant and I am really not into using the sauna or pool / jacuzzi at all, I couldn't get enough and there was an outdoor jacuzzi, all at perfect temperatures including the pool water, we absolutely loved using the SPA, it's brilliant !!!! We didn't get any treatments but there are loads on offer and can only imagine that they are absolutely fab.
We had a quick bite in the Monks Lounge which was nice and we decided at the last minute to have dinner in the Yew tree restaurant, our thanks to Ted for getting the booking and especially Zsolt the restaurant manager who really made a great recommendation for the meal choices and wine, we really appreciated his relaxed way, professional attitude and attention to detail which made us feel special, speaks perfect Italian too ! Honestly, all the staff were really great to us at all times, it was really a super experience.
Breakfast was really something too with a great selection and specific dishes could be made to order and again it was all great quality and we really enjoyed what was on offer.
I will end by thanking the Muckross Hotel for making our stay so memorable in many ways and look forward to returning (soon hopefully!) to revisit the region and use the SPA !! We had a super time and this was not only because of the hotel but also the people working there who provided that added value to our stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Excellence surrounded by beauty - Muckross Park Hotel & Spa is uniquely located in Killarney's majestic National Park with magnificent mountains and lakes close by. The hotel is home to the renowned Spa at Muckross. Elegant, luxurious guestrooms and suites, award winning Yew Tree Restaurant and Monk's Lounge. The hotel has superb guest services and makes for a truly memorable hotel experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Stayforlong S.L., TravelUp, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Muckross Park Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Muckross Park Hotel And Cloisters Spa
- Muckross Park Hotel & Cloisters Killarney
- Muckross Park Hotel & Spa Killarney, Europe