1,856 results
All reviews yew tree restaurant monks bar hot towels blue pool free bikes belfry suite star hotel jarvey's rest the pub journey home vitality suite outdoor hot tub vitality pool relaxation room torc waterfall relaxation area beautiful hotel
Reviewed 12 May 2015

Just arrived back from a weekend in this elegant hotel -warm, friendly staff and the ambience was fantastic. Our room was second to none and we were very comfortable. We were looking forward to our breakfast the first morning but were so disappointed. The cold buffet was good but very limited considering it is a 5 star. The hot buffet was very poor. The bacon tasted like cardboard and the black pudding was tasteless. The eggs were a total put off and the food was left for far too long in their separate containers. I think that was the problem!
The third and last morning I asked for an egg cooked to order and it was excellent.
We had dinner in the restaurant and again looking forward to it. We both ordered fillet steak and it was a chewy lump of meat with one long string of cooked veg on top of meat. The only part of this dish that was pleasant was the very small portion of potato. My husband noted that some guests that ordered the fillet steak were having difficulty with their choice as well.
We had intended to book another dinner there but changed our minds and eat in the bar near by. The food there was very good.
I could only give a 3 star rating and that was because of the disappointing quality of food.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
DannyMcClure, Guest Relations Manager at Muckross Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2015

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for your review and for taking the time to post it.

I was delighted to read of your kind words for our hotel and in particular our staff. It was wonderful to read such lovely comments.

Thank you also for you constructive review on your dining experiences whilst with us. I will ensure to bring all of your advice and comments with regards our food to our head chef. Thank you very much for taking the time to send this on as without such feedback we would not be able to improve or change what may require us to do so.

Thank you very much once more for taking the time to send in your review. It is truly appreciated.

Reviewed 11 May 2015

We stayed here for our anniversary and I must say that everything was just perfect, from the moment we walked in the front door we were greeted by the hotels concierge who helped with our bags and was very pleasant, the reception staff were very helpful throughout our stay. We didn't eat in the hotel restaurant during our stay but going by the breakfast we had I would say that the food would be outstanding. During our stay we interacted with the concierge Chris on a few occasions and I must say that he a delight, he was very helpful with everything, gave us local information to ensure that we knew where to go to see the sights and entertainment. Looking forward to returning again in the future. Thanks a million to all the staff and management.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for your kind review and once more a very happy anniversary to you both.

It was delight to read that you enjoyed your stay with us so much. It was also great to read of the personal mention that you gave Chris our concierge. I am delighted to say Chris was voted the employee of the month for April and was a most deserving winner. He was delighted to read your review.

We hope that you have many more enjoyable anniversaries in the future and if you return to us for any of them we would be delighted to welcome you once again.

Reviewed 8 May 2015 via mobile

We visited the hotel in May 2015 and have to say all staff are very welcoming. We visited as part of our honeymoon and from check in the treatment we received was second to none. I have to say the bar staff are great and a special mention has to go to Mano and Trish who's advise on where to eat and visit was spot on. Can't recommend enough

Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lisacodown

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your kind words in this review of your stay with us.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay so much and thank you so much for such a wonderful recommendation. Thank you also for your lovely personal mention of Trish & Mano in our Monks Lounge. They will be delighted to hear that you were so impressed with your time spent with them.

Thank you once more for your time and many congratulations to you both again.

Reviewed 6 May 2015

I was taken here for a treat for my birthday and boy was it a treat from the minute we landed at the hotel and it was a cold windy evening once you walk in the door there is a big fire our bags were taken from us (not use to this kind of treatment) The staff were so friendly they could not do enough for us we stayed for 2 nights I had a treatment on in the SPA which is out of this world we travelled with 2 litlle boys I was worried when we landed that maybe they wouldnt enjoy it or that it wasnt really a place for kids but the staff couldnt have been nicer or more helpful every single on of them we were in a suite which was a real treat and so the staff had accomodated the suite for the boys aswell which they thought was brilliant I couldnt fault this hotel in anyway at all we stayed in Killarney again last weekend in another hotel and Ithink I was comparing it with the Muckross all the time there was no compasison the next time we will be staying in the Muckross again I wish I could remeber some of the staffs names as they really were so helpful throughout our stay which made it extra special

Room Tip: It is well worth upgrading to a suite for the extra bit of quality
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled with family

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review.

I was delighted to hear you both, along with your boys, enjoyed your stay so much. It was wonderful to read that you were so happy with your stay and if we can do anything for you in the future please be sure to let us know.

Thank you once more for sending on your review.

Best wishes to you all,

Reviewed 4 May 2015 via mobile

We recently celebrated my daughters confirmation with a meal in Muckross park hotel. We had a party of 10 in total, the food was fabulous & the service was outstanding. Joanna looked after our booking from the start & was extremely professional & helpful. On the day Lina looked after us for the meal itself. She & her colleague were fantastic & made my daughters day one to remember. We were more than impressed overall. Well worth a visit.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Tonetree

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a lovely review of your afternoon with us.

Joanna was very happy to read that you and of course your daughter had such a special day. Thank you for giving Joanna a special mention and thank you too for your lovely words of praise for Lina. I will be sure to let Lina know that you enjoyed yourself so much.

Thank you once more for your time and know that it would be a delight to welcome you back anytime.

Kindest Regards