Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews golf lodges kids club national park mulligans bar swimming pool leisure centre holiday home the main hotel killarney town lake and mountains bit dated ring of kerry ross castle breakfast room would highly recommend this hotel the gap second to none
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 August 2020

We recently stayed at the Castlerosse hotel and I have to say we loved every minute of it. The food in the bar and restaurant upstairs was unbelievable and the salmon is to die for. The rooms were comfortable and clean and the view is outstanding over the lake. The staff were all lovely but a special member of staff we wanted to mention was Sharon in Mulligans bar. I have never met a person so genuine and hardworking at her job and not only to us but to all the customers she served and even more refreshing was how helpful she was to other staff members. Truly outstanding and a credit to the hotel. Thank you for a lovely time and we will be back!!!

Date of stay: August 2020
Janice Healy, Marketing at Castlerosse Park Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2020

Dear BradyJeni4567,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. A five star review, wow!

I am delighted you enjoyed your break at the Castlerosse, it is lovely to hear such positive feedback. I will certainly pass on your kind words on the food in both our bar and restaurant, I know the team will be delighted. I will let Sharon know your amazing comments, she is a fantastic team member.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Castlerosse Park Resort in the future.

Reviewed 15 August 2020

This was our first stay in castlerosse hotel. We stayed in one of the golf lodges. It was a truly magnificent staycation. The lodge was so well equipped, clean and comfortable. The staff in this hotel are outstanding- the leisure centre, bike rental, kids club and mulligans evening bar staff just to mention but a few of the exceptionally helpful and friendly staff we met.

Our only issue was the large camper can parked right in front of the practice putting green all week interrupting the amazing view for guests of the golf lodges. This family clearly didn’t take into account other people’s view although plenty of other parking was available to them. They also used a wheelchair car park space all week too- most inconsiderate and thoughtless of them.

Apart from this we had a fantastic week and will definitely be considering returning again.

Thank you castlerosse for a memorable and beautiful trip.

2  Thank Katieblaney
Janice Healy, Marketing at Castlerosse Park Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2020

Dear Katie,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of your stay with us.
I am delighted you had such a fantastic holiday and found the team to be so friendly and helpful, I will certainly pass on your kind words. We do work hard to ensure each guest has an enjoyable and memorable experience with us.
The Golf Lodges are brilliant and have everything you need to enjoy your stay. It is great to hear you are considering returning to us again and we would love to welcome you back.

Reviewed 14 August 2020 via mobile

My wife and I love our summer walking holidays in Zell am Zee, Austria but cannot go this year because of the lockdown. But as the saying goes, every cloud....etc. We ended up in Killarney but not just Killarney but The Castlerosse Hotel Killarney. We certainly fell on our feet here.

The location of this hotel was perfect for us. The Ring of Kerry drive passes the Hotel entrance. The walks into Killarney town / Cathedral and the walk to Ross Castle begin from the hotel door. You can stroll around the hotel or go into (the very busy) Killarney town If that is what you prefer.

It is a cliche to say that the staff are a hotel’s best asset but (apart from the location) in this case it is true. The receptionists were very friendly, the cleaning staff couldn’t have been more facilitating. With respect to Covid-19 protocols the pool was well run and organised, also friendly staff.

The selection of food at breakfast was very good and the staff were very competent and friendly.

Because of our itinerary we only had lunch on one day. We ate outdoors in the sun with a spectacular view. My wife had a fabulous salad; pear and walnut. I had the chowder, that was loaded with chunks of fish. Fantastic! A special word to Fred, he was friendly and very professional. He couldn’t do enough for us.

I have read reviews from other travellers and I must say they should be taken with a pinch of salt. One review mentioned a very busy breakfast area with long queues and poor social distancing. At checkin it is pointed out when the busy times occur at breakfast. We breakfasted accordingly and there were no queues. Also someone mentioned the room not having sheets changed. In the present Covid climate we didn’t want cleaning staff in our room and I approached a member of staff and we exchanged used towels for fresh towels and requested that no one enter our room. This was not a problem and a win win situation.

A tip for fellow travellers, a packed lunch is available for a fee. We ordered this the night before to be picked up before we went out the following morning. Some fruit, water, a yogurt, a chocolate bar and as fresh and tasty a chicken salad sandwich as you could get.

As we drove back to the midlands on Thursday 13th August we have made plans to return in mid September.

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Fergus,

Wow, what a glowing review, thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback.
We are delighted you had such an enjoyable stay at the Castlerosse Park Resort. I will be sure to pass on your kind words to the team, I know they will be delighted with such kind feedback. I am glad you enjoyed your dining experience and of course the glorious sunshine we experienced during your stay with us. We are lucky to have such a beautiful location and it sounds like you took full advantage of it.
We look forward to welcoming you back in September.

Reviewed 12 August 2020 via mobile

Second visit to this hotel this time around It was my uncles 60th so we were a large group it was my husband and I and our 2 year old and 5 month old. We stead in the hotel part this time as both the children were free of charge we booked a double room so was delighted on arrival to see a single and a double bed in our room as well as a travel cot for the baby.

Getting into the rooms they are ok defiantly not the nicest rooms for a four star hotel but my husband and I noted the views from the hotel makes up for that. Bad points about the room was the travel cot it was like concrete so baby had to sleep in the bed with us the first night and the next morning they sent up an extra foam mattress for it and he loved it then.

Good points the meals included was fab and even the children’s dinner menu had good choices for them also the view at dinner was just beautiful and the set up was good and felt safe with social distance measures applied. The amenities are still great and also I met with a lovely older cleaner that was doing my room the first morning and she was so lovely.

Bad points breakfast was a disaster and no social distancing what so ever to the point I actually didn’t feel safe any day eating breakfast the ques for hot food and cold foot god that long there was people standing on top of one another and right at the tables. If it was full huge crowd gathered at the bar part before you could get in no one moinitoring social distancing its the second hotel I’ve stead in since Covid and I was really appalled at how bad the breakfast was run and it was 3 mornings so I don’t think it was a once off.

The worst part of the trip was an extremely rude manager that was working in the bar on Monday aug 10th. I understand there is rules to be followed with Covid we approached the desk and asked for a glass of ice he barked at us where are you coming from we said dinner upstairs, he marched off half replying to us that it should be marked in his book also and start flipping the pages clearly in anger we said we had dinner earlier and went back to the room with the kids after dinner to change them his response was well go into the lounge now but I’ll be kicking you out in 20 minutes. We didn’t even want to go in we just asked for ice. My cousin part of our group came by and I told her what was happening and he marched back over and said excuse me don’t you be telling people I am being rude to you when I am just sticking to the rules other families were in the reception I have never been made feel so small and embarrassed in a hotel before and he defiantly needs to work on his customer service skills I was actually very upset angry and embarrassed we went back to the room for the night then on our last evening.

1  Thank Laurenzey
Janice Healy, Marketing at Castlerosse Park Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2020

Dear Lauren,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Castlerosse Park Resort. Your feedback is very important to us as we are always trying to improve our product and service. It is fantastic to hear you decided to return to the Castlerosse again and I do hope your uncle enjoyed his birthday celebrations. I am delighted you enjoyed your dinner and found the children’s menu to have good choice. The view is fantastic and we never tire of it! I note your comments on breakfast in the morning and I have passed them onto management, this is very new for us and we are still adapting to all the changes so your feedback is great, thank you. Your points will most definitely be looked at and we have already made some changes in regards to the management of breakfast in the morning.
In relation to your experience in the bar, I sincerely apologise for the upset and embarrassment caused and management has since spoken to the bar staff on this matter. This is certainly not the customer service we adhere to in the Castlerosse, I do believe this was an isolated incident but it will be a subject spoken about it in our next management meeting which we hold every week. Again, I apologise for your upset and I do hope you would return to us again in the future and contact us directly if you wish to visit again.

Reviewed 11 August 2020

Family of three stayed in this hotel for 7 nights. Great location as it is only few minutes drive to Killarney town. Great spot for having a long walk. Breakfast and dining experience were good. Food was good enough. Staff were very friendly at the bar. However, for the 7 nights we stayed here, not once did the “ACCOMMODATION” staff change the bedsheets in our room. It is quite disappointing to think that it had been quite warm outside, with all the issues that has been on-going in terms of hygiene and cleanliness standard, yet, staff did not bother even once change our sheets, out of the 7 nights we stayed here in this place. Accommodation department in this hotel needs to keep an audit on this because it is highly unacceptable and unreasonable for guests to request for bedsheets to be changed.

1  Thank 2jannies

Dear Jim,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Castlerosse Park Resort. Your feedback is very important to us. I am delighted you enjoyed the break away with us and had a positive dining experience. I will be sure to pass on your kind words to the team in the bar, I know they will be happy to hear such lovely feedback. We are very lucky to be in such a fantastic location and I am glad to hear you had time to enjoy it and the lovely walking routes that can be taken from the grounds of the Resort. In regards to the accommodation, I sincerely apologise for the shortcomings during your stay. I have since spoken to the accommodation manager in relation to this so as to ensure it does not happen again.
We would love to welcome you back to the Castlerosse in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us directly if you decide to return.