6 people are viewing this hotel
US$315
Free cancellation until 25/05/22
US$315
Free cancellation until 27/05/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
Trip.com
US$298
Free cancellation until 27/05/22
PricelineUS$309
Hotels.comUS$313
TravelocityUS$313
2,209 results
All reviews lake room heights lounge thermal suite relaxation area five star hotel killarney lakes upgraded to a suite top class second to none from start to finish bar food fantastic hotel following morning both nights scones ring of kerry vincenzo
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 January 2022

I booked a last minute break to recharge and had an amazing stay. Travelling to Ireland is so easy from the UK again, no tests needed just a simple form to complete proving you are vaccinated.
The Aghadoe Heights is located just outside Killarney, high up on the hill with amazing views over the lake. It's only 15 minutes from Kerry airport and I literally walked off the plane, through security and into the hotel Mercedes without breaking stride! The welcome from Gerry was indicator of what was to come at the hotel, genuinely the warmest friendly team you can imagine.
There is so much to do in the area and I would recommend taking your walking boots as the scenery is spectacular however also make time to relax, I had a fantastic spa treatment and it was lovely to sit and enjoy the view.
It is a very pleasant 40 minute walk down to the town of Killarney where I had a great meal in an Irish pub full of character before giving the hotel and the super friendly Robin came to pick me up. Fantastic service!

Room tip: Go for the lake view
Date of stay: January 2022
Aghadoe Sales, Sales at Aghadoe Heights Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2022

Thank you very much indeed for choosing to visit Aghadoe Heights Hotel and Spa recently,and thank you also for taking the time to write your lovely review.

Dear Globe Trotting15210.
I am indebted to you for your marvelous recommendation of our hotel. It is an absolute pleasure to know just how much you enjoyed your stay with us. I would like to thank you for your kind praise of our hotel amenities. dining experience and especially our staff.

Thank you once again for your glowing recommendation of Aghadoe Heights Hotel and Spa & I very much look forward to hopefully welcoming you back again in the future.

Warm regards,

The Team At Aghadoe

Reviewed 10 January 2022

Our stay in the Aghadoe hotel & spa was just perfect.the room had a view over the stunning lakes and mountains. Our room was spotless and so comfortable fabulous bath and shower. Food was excellent and reasonably priced for a five star. The staff were friendly and professional. A special mention to Kieran food and beverage manager, he went out of his way to adjust our 3 night stay to a honeymoon package, which I had said on my booking phone call that it was our mini moon and we had got married just days earlier.
When speaking to Kieran casually at reception he changed our booking in order for us to receive Special deal of dinner spa and champagne!! Which was just what we wanted. Thank you for looking after us so well
A special thank you to the ladies in the spa my new hubby is now a fully converted spa lover !! Great pool also all to our selves. Breakfast was gorgeous too.
I can’t fault anything about the hotel, the weather was wet January and the view was sometimes cloudy. It was so relaxing and enjoyable. We will return and bring friends with us.

Date of stay: January 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Aghadoe Sales, Sales at Aghadoe Heights Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2022

Dear Christine,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent mini-moon break at Aghadoe Heights Hotel & Spa.

We am indebted to you for your marvelous recommendation of our hotel. It is an absolute pleasure to know just how much you enjoyed your stay with us. I would like to thank you for your kind praise of our hotel amenities. dining experience and especially our staff.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your time here and look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to Aghadoe in the not too distant future.

Kind regards

The Management & Staff in Aghadoe

Reviewed 2 January 2022 via mobile

My sister & I booked a one night spa break with dinner. It was such a let down as I had stayed there previously and had such a different experience. I would never stay there again. It is not a 5* anymore.

The Spa - Very bright spa with no thermal pool. Relaxation room is not a nice space. Putting that to one side, I had alerted them I was heavily pregnant in advance. They had no treatment bed suitable for me during my treatment and so lay me flat on my back for 30 minutes all the while the therapist kept talking to me. The bed was extremely uncomfortable but was willing to give it a chance. I had a bad reaction to the cream she used on me also and between all had to stop the treatment. The most senior therapist promised that the manager would call me but I never got any call. I left feeling so disappointed.

The room - This was lovely. Clean. Nice view. As expected. Nothing special like before when chocolates were left on the bed but I understand the pressures staff are under atm.

Dinner- Again terribly disappointing. Waited 40 minutes between courses. Asked the waitress to explain some of the items on the menu but she really hadn't a clue. There were other disappointments about the dinner but I won't continue to elaborate.

Evening bar - Small, no atmosphere but comfortable.

Breakfast - This was nice. As it said on the tin.

Overall I was terribly disappointed. I would not return.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank slinagreine

Dear slinagreine,

Many thanks for writing a review on your recent stay.

We are disappointed to read that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion. At Aghadoe our guest satisfaction has always been of paramount importance to us. We take your feedback very serious and it had been shared with those concerned and corrective action will be taken to ensure that the points raised are addressed.

Thank you again for sharing your experience and we do truly hope to welcome you back to the Aghadoe Heights Hotel and Spa very soon.

Warm regards
The Aghadoe Heights Hotel and Spa

Reviewed 30 December 2021

I previously stayed here in 2014 and it was horrendous, but decided to give it a second chance by seeing the positive reviews and stayed 8th December. I am glad to say it was superb and amazing from start to finish. I was given a disability room (202) even though I don't have a disability, but the room which was very spacious, amenities, bathroom and bed which was super comfy was fantastic. The spa was heaven, Voya seaweed body scrub and bath followed by a relaxation and then thermal suite -highly recommend and therapist was excellent.

The dinner was exquisite, lobster & shrimp bisque with the most delicious beef Wellington cooked to perfection. The service throughout was impeccable, courteous, friendly and so much I enjoyed this break that I have reserved two nights next year.

Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear Classiscovin,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay.

We are truly delighted to read you enjoyed a relaxing stay with us and glad to hear you enjoyed all that we have to offer here at The Aghadoe Heights Hotel & Spa.

Thank you again for staying with us and we do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the near future.

Warm regards,
Aghadoe Heights Hotel & Spa

Reviewed 29 December 2021 via mobile

We had a lovely afternoon in the Aghadoe Heights restaurant yesterday. After securing our covid certs details, we were welcomed by Maura and given spacious seating. The food was delicious as always and the atmosphere was relaxed and warm. We were charmed by the service and hospitality of the staff and left hoping we would return again soon. Would highly recommend.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Ann,

Thank you for taking the time to write your glowing review and we are delighted that you enjoyed the " perfect lunch" and afternoon in Aghadoe.

Thank you for your kind praise of our staff, particularly Maura who will be thrilled by your lovely comments and for your positive feedback on our delicious food, service and warm relaxed atmosphere.

I look forward to welcoming you back again in the future!

Warmest regards,