Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
2,242 results
All reviews lake room heights lounge thermal suite star hotel relaxation area killarney lakes upgraded to a suite top class second to none from start to finish following morning fantastic hotel bar food both nights scones ring of kerry vincenzo
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 July 2019

I had afternoon tea here with my fiancé and daughter last Thursday and it was a fantastic start to our weekend in Kerry! First of all the service from Maura was incredible, she was so genuinely nice and friendly and made us feel so welcome. Our 10 year old daughter had the princess afternoon tea and Maura made her feel so special! The afternoon tea itself was just WOW! I've had afternoon tea many times before in lots of lovely places but afternoon tea in the Aghadoe Heights is my new favourite. The setting was just stunning with a fantastic view of the mountains from the Heights Lounge and the food itself was DELICIOUS. We had plenty of everything and what we didn't finish we could bring with us. It was my fiancé's birthday and Maura brought him out a little birthday plate which was a lovely touch and much appreciated! The Aghadoe Heights is also the best value for money I've come across in regards to afternoon tea. It was a big thumbs up from us.. I cant wait to go back for more! :)

Trip type: Travelled with family
Aghadoe S, Sales and Marketing Executive at Aghadoe Heights Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2019

Dear Lynda,

Thank you so much for this wonderful review of your Afternoon Tea experience here at Aghadoe Heights. We are absolutely thrilled to hear you, your fiancé and daughter had such a wonderful experience with us and Maura will be elated to hear your lovely words on her service. We look forward to welcoming you all back to Aghadoe Heights Hotel and Spa on your next visit.

Reviewed 21 July 2019 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights bed and breakfast in July. Have to say we were very impressed. We have been to a good few 5 star hotels in Ireland and this was by far the one we enjoyed the most. The reason was the staff. They were so helpful.
Example. We walked around the lakes and got soaked. They have a drying room in the hotel but it wouldn’t have dried jackets in time for us going for evening meal. Household (Justine )collected coats and dried them for us with absolutely no issue at all.

The breakfast was to die for with freshly cooked hot breakfast and large continental section with pastries, breads, cereals etc.

The leisure facilities were top notch and be sure to visit the spa. Beautiful.

They even provide a free shuttle bus to Killarney.

Bedroom was very spacious with air conditioning and plenty of room. Opt for floor 1 as you have a lovely seating area looking over the lakes.

Nice touches include free bottled water everywhere and a nice sweet on pillow as they tuck down the bed in evening.

The receptionist was extremely helpful even though the hotel was busy. No issue with anything we needed. All the staff in fact were superb.

We really can’t praise this hotel enough,from the staff, food, decor, location and the Killarney area itself.

Do yourself a favour and book. We will definitely be back. Thanks Aghadoe.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank 299alanb
Aghadoe S, Sales and Marketing Executive at Aghadoe Heights Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2019

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review of your recent stay with us here at Aghadoe Heights Hotel and Spa especially of our staff and facilities. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and that our team could play a part in making your stay more memorable and enjoyable for you. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon to Aghadoe Heights.

Reviewed 19 July 2019 via mobile

Before booking the Aghadoe Heights for our 3 night stay, we were trying to decide between staying here or at The Europe. Having stayed in both before, we opted for the Aghadoe as we remembered the breakfast was especially good & cooked to order. The breakfast was the same delicious fare we recalled from our previous stay a number of years ago. A staff member named Kamel was especially friendly to our young son which was lovely.
Unfortunately though, there were a number of reasons why we wished we had stayed at The Europe...
1) The classic room we were given was tiny, the sliding door into the bathroom was broken which meant I had to ask my husband to open & close it which was very annoying. Not what you'd expect from a 5 star hotel.
2) Unless you upgrade your room choice you will not see the views of the lake...the foyer is small, badly located & lacks atmosphere and any type of lake view. Two things that are abundant in The Europe.
3) We had lunch in the bar on one occasion & were disappointed, we had to wait so long to order as there was only one person waiting on tables. The "twice cooked" chips were some of the worst I've tasted and the fish special & batteted fish were, at most, average. The next day were drove 5 minutes down the road and had the most delicious lunch at the Europe.
4) The front of house team at check in were very friendly, especially when my parents asked to change their room as it was over looking a loading bay. Also, the daytime staff were very welcoming & warm as we passed through reception. However, on return to the hotel on one evening, we were dismayed when 2 older members of staff stared at us walking by & looked away, both my husband & I were taken aback as it was quite rude. As we were walking towards the lift, we heard a group of American tourists who were walking behind us being warmly greeted upon their return by said staff members. We were left wondering what it was about us that didn't warrant even a "hello" or "good evening" when other guests did seem to warrant it. The following evening, one of the same staff members again ignored us upon our return to the hotel.
It's a pity how one or two staff members can cloud your opinion of what were, in general, friendly and accommodating staff.
Will we be returning to The Aghadoe Heights again? Unfortunately the answer is no...The delicious breakfast won't be enough to swing it for us next time!

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank emc728

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us and your lovely feedback on our breakfast experience especially our team member Karmel. We are disappointed to hear that your recent experience was not to your expectations due to a number of elements of the visit. If you can contact our Management Team at your earliest convenience they would like to discuss your experience further with you to ensure that each relevant department is given the further training needed to ensure that this does not happen again. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Aghadoe Heights Hotel and Spa.

Reviewed 18 July 2019 via mobile

4 friends arranged a night in Aghadoe including use of spa. Rooms lovely with panoramic view of lakes but a little disturbed by a graveyard and worse still a factory. Helicopters landing made the place feel upper class. Door man was a gem as were the receptionists and general staff. Homely feel in a 5 star is nice. Spa nice and provides a nice chill zone.

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank DianeMayo

Dear Diane,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay and your fantastic feedback on our team and rooms as well as our facilities. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to welcome you back again soon to Aghadoe Heights.

Reviewed 12 July 2019 via mobile

My wife and I returned here after 11 years this week for our 11th wedding anniversary. Our previous trip was the first night of our honeymoon and Aghadoe Heights has been up there in one of the best hotels we've ever stayed in - until this trip.

The staff were fantastic and very friendly, the room was spotless and we were upgraded to a lake view when we arrived. If I had of known that upgrade came with folks smoking directly outside your window (pic attached) or someone cutting the grass in the morning while you're trying to get dressed - I would have kindly refused the gesture.

The bar was nice, but a lot of the soft seating has been removed in favour of bookable tables along the window.

We didn't eat there for dinner but I remember the breakfast from 11 years ago being out of this world. Imagine my disappointment this morning when I did the "unirish" thing of sending mine back. I asked for the "crushed avacado" with scrambled eggs, and received avacado out of a tube and microwaved eggs (pic attached) about 5 mins later. The 5 mins must have been waiting for the toast to brown.

When I returned it and asked for a grilled breakfast instead, it was served literally 2 minutes later. If you're going to maintain a buffet style breakfast serving and hide it in a kitchen, at least heat what you serve to make it appear fresh. Most of the food on the plate was barely luke warm. If you were to attempt the continental breakfast, the cheese selection was depleted and what was there was dry and hard, and the croissants were stale. I was seriously disappointed in the breakfast.

The last issue I had was with the gym. Only one treadmill, most of the weights are missing and no cold water available (there was some bottled water there alright). Most hotel gyms aren't great but I'd still out this as sub par.

Overall I wish we retained our memories from 11 years ago and didn't have them ruined by this visit - but then again if that was the case I'd still be recommending for people to visit, which will no longer be the case.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank obistevekenobi
Aghadoe S, Sales and Marketing Executive at Aghadoe Heights Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2019

Dear Guest,

Firstly congratulations on your recent wedding anniversary and thank you for the wonderful feedback on the room and on our team, we are delighted you found them to be so friendly. We are very disappointed to hear that you found several other elements of your visit not to expectations including the breakfast experience and the gym and this provided for a less enjoyable visit. Our General Manager would like to discuss your experience further with you and investigate if you can contact him directly on niallcoffey@aghadoeheights.com Thank you.