Lowest prices for your stay
US$311
TripadvisorUS$286
Priceline
Official SiteUS$314
2,206 results
All reviews lake room heights lounge thermal suite relaxation area five star hotel killarney lakes upgraded to a suite top class second to none from start to finish bar food fantastic hotel following morning both nights scones ring of kerry vincenzo
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 June 2019

I recently dined with my partner at the hotel fine dining lake restaurant. After reading the menu we were looking forward to the dishes but what came out was a far cry from what we expected.
The service we found incredible sloppy with us having to pour out own wine on many occasions and the left sit for long periods between courses with a dirty table.
I started with the foie gras which seemed grey and a touch sour while my partner had the pork belly which was very dry and found the whole dish fatty.
The mains were very poor u found the turbot cooked to an inch of its life the langastine like a bouncing ball bad my partner's veal was tasteless with a sauce that totally over powered everything.
The menu reads nice however I don't thing the food or service is anywhere near what they are trying to be.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Hayedtraveller
Aghadoe S, Sales and Marketing Executive at Aghadoe Heights Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2019

Dear Guest,
We are disappointed to hear that your recent dining experience was below expectations as our feedback from our guests is usually very positive. I have highlighted the feedback on your experience with the team for review. Our management would like to discuss your experience further with you also if you can give the hotel a call directly at your earliest convenience.

Reviewed 30 May 2019

When I walked into the lakeview room, it took my breath away. The vista was perfectly framed, and due to it being a suite, the window wall magnified the mountain setting. This was great - IF you are spending a lot of time in the hotel. Those who come here for group events, or spa treatments or with others where you can take advantage of the suite, will love it.

Sadly, I did not have much time in the room as I was simply there to sightsee in Killarney town. It was awkward not having a car, as it was almost 1 hour walk to town. It was a delightful walk with the lane to myself for 30+ minutes before the sound of traffic on the ring of Kerry road jolted me out of my reverie. The next day I took a cab to town (about $20E).

Wonderful comfortable bed, spotless and spacious bathroom with a huge tub - all the important things were done well. Plus helpful staff at reception for suggestions and directions.

However, I would still caution that if you don't have a car, it is an inconvenient location as the shuttle only runs into town 2 x a day, and at odd hours. I wish I could have stayed in the hotel to enjoy its amenities, and then I would heartily recommend staying here..

• Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank MissShoe
Aghadoe S, Sales and Marketing Executive at Aghadoe Heights Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2019

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the wonderful feedback on our views and rooms, we are thrilled you enjoyed them. Our team pride themselves on ensuring each guest is having a memorable and enjoyable stay and they will be delighted to hear your lovely words. We have several facilities as you highlighted to enjoy during your stay including our pool, jacuzzi, tennis courts, thermal suite and more. Many of our guests relax and enjoy the peace and break from the hustle and bustle that these provide while enjoying also being only a few minutes away from killarney town by car. We hope to welcome you back again soon to Aghadoe Heights.

Reviewed 29 May 2019 via mobile

We stayed on a Saturday night & had booked a gluten free afternoon tea. Nothing was too much trouble & everything was explained in a detailed manner. The food was delicious including dinner that night. The waiting staff are kept so busy but they are extremely efficient.
The room had a lovely view to the lakes with a door to walk out to the patio, the place was spotlessly clean.
Will definitely return.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay with us here in Aghadoe Heights last weekend especially your Afternoon Tea experience. It is always wonderful to hear such kind words from our guests on our rooms and team, thank you. We look forward to welcoming you back to Aghadoe Heights Hotel and Spa again soon.

Reviewed 27 May 2019

The view from our room was spectacular. To wake up and open the curtains to see this is amazing. The service was wonderful. The food was delicious. The bathrooms were very spacious. All areas of the property are pristine.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank phillydoc2016
Aghadoe S, Sales and Marketing Executive at Aghadoe Heights Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2019

Dear Philly,

We are delighted to read this fantastic review this morning, thank you. It is wonderful to hear you enjoyed the views and dining so much while you were staying with us as well as the service. We look forward to welcoming you back to Aghadoe Heights Hotel and Spa again soon.

Reviewed 26 May 2019 via mobile

Recently stayed in the Aghadoe Heights from the warm welcome in reception to the beautiful spa and delicious food in the bar an absolutely flawless stay!! David and Brendan in particular could not have done enough. Looking forward to booking again..

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Aghadoe S, Sales and Marketing Executive at Aghadoe Heights Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2019

Dear Sinead,

We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed each element of your stay including the spa and dining and thank you for your compliments on team members David and Brendan. They will be elated they could play a part in making the stay more enjoyable for you. We look forward to welcoming you back to Aghadoe Heights Hotel and Spa again soon.