All reviews swimming pool two double beds good size leisure centre rooms are nice bar food town centre bit dated the pub stayed two nights ring of kerry ross castle national park muckross house saddlers receptionist inec
Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

Arrived late (after midnight) but there were no delays checking in and plenty of parking. The room was comfortable. Not the most modern but clean, in good condition and all round very satisfactory. Decent WiFi. A good hot and cold buffet breakfast in the morning and a quick and efficient checkout. All in all a good experience.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Stephen O, General Manager at Holiday Inn Killarney, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2018

Dear Dave M,

Thank you so much for your kind review.
I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and found our staff friendly and efficient, strong wifi and a good breakfast to set you on your way next morning. You will be glad to read the bedrooms are currently undergoing a refurbishment program and I do hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back to Killarney again in the future.

Reviewed 10 June 2018

Being an Spire Elite member i think i'm in a good place to rate this hotel .
Stayed here for two nights and was " upgraded" to a suite , i say upgraded , i think the rooms and the hotel is in need of a general upgrade and modernising , the rooms are dated and lack any real WOW factors in all areas (pool aside as i didn't use it )
The reception staff were pleasant upon arrival and throughout my stay , the reception is open and friendly .
Aesthetically the hotel has nothing to offer front side or rear , so if your after the views i would choose another hotel
Like i said the hotel is good for a one night pass through stay , the paddlers bar is friendly and serves OK pub food " , i would have liked to use the restaurant however was denied this on both nights as it was closed to general admission so ate in bar , the food is reasonably priced for the region but a bit lack lustre to be honest .
Breakfast was standard and nothing exciting , but i will say for me started at bit late at 7.30 am so i had to miss breakfast on my second night which for me was very poor .
I'm sure that the hotel is regularly full however does not meet the usual standard of a " good " Holiday Inn that why i give it just 3 star rating

Room Tip: No views from any room
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Stephen O, General Manager at Holiday Inn Killarney, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2018

Dear Darren R,

Thank you for taking the time to review Holiday Inn Killarney on tripadvisor. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and you will be delighted to read we have commenced a refurbishment program at the hotel. Good to read you found our staff friendly and the Bar Food in Saddlers Pub was to your liking.
We look forward very much to welcoming you back to Killarney again in the future.

Reviewed 3 June 2018

This was key for my trip - I got in at 3 AM. Rooms are nice, dated, but nice. Bed was comfy. Was upgraded into a 1 bedroom suite. Front desk staff are friendly, and gave me a nice tip for walking/hiking behind Ross Castle for nice pictures/views. Would stay again, glad to find a IHG property for my trip to earn points.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
Stephen O, General Manager at Holiday Inn Killarney, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2018

Dear Zak,

Thank you for your kind review on tripadvisor. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay at Holiday Inn Killarney and found our staff friendly, helpful and informative, particularly with recommendations to fully enjoy the beautiful walks & trails around the Lakes. You also will be glad to read the hotel accommodation is currently refurbishment.

We hope to get the opportunity to welcome you back to Killarney again very soon.

Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

Good hotel woth a free car park. Nice swimming pool. Close to the town and conveniently situated on the main road to Mucross House and Gardens. Breakfast was excellent. Staff could not be faulted. I will be back.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Stephen O, General Manager at Holiday Inn Killarney, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2018

Dear greenpast538,

Thank you for your kind review on tripadvisor. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and found our breakfast offering set you up for the day. It's great to read you found our staff friendly & attentive and I have passed on your compliments to the team. Our location, with free car parking, is ideal with many of our guest enjoying the gentle stroll to town or the walk to the beautiful Killarney National Park, both within short proximity.
Thank you again for your review and we look forward to your next stay with us in Killarney.

General Managr

Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

It was a magic time. Around Christmas. We took a couple of days off from the business trip and came to see the ring of Killarney, having chosen Holiday Inn (as a hotel of IHG group). First though was that it’s just a small Inn, but when we entered it, we discovered that the bigger part of the building goes deep into the back yard. I remember the cozy atmosphere of the lobby and reception area, with the Christmas tree decorations glittering, reflecting lights of flames of the fireplace.
The service was good, the personnel was very polite and welcoming.
The hotel is obviously old, but it only added charm to its atmosphere. It has a good location, we could walk to the restaurants of Killarney. I have the best memories of the place.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Stephen O, General Manager at Holiday Inn Killarney, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2018

Dear Olena,

Thank you for taking the time to review Holiday Inn Killarney on Tripadvisor. I am delighted you enjoyed your Christmas break with us at Holiday Inn. I have passed on your kind comments to the team. You will be delighted to read we have commenced a refurbishment program at the hotel and we look forward very much to welcoming you back to Killarney again in the future.