“Nice Find”

Ranked #12 of 202 Restaurants in Killarney
Price range: US$9 - US$31
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Description: History of Cronin’s RestaurantIn 1957 Johnny and Noreen Cronin opened a small lodging house down Clover Lane. Noreen who worked as a cook for a brief period in London decided to use her talents in the kitchen serving lunches for local factory worker. At the time it was quite a small operation with Noreen and Johnny doing the cooking the serving and the wash up . As time went by the Cronin family Grew and Sisters Joan, Katherine, Helen, Norma along with their brother Pat all began to work in the lodging house. In 1977 after realising the popularity of there lunches Johnny and Noreen took the decision to buy a small thatched cottage on College street and turn it into Cronins Restaurant. In 1996 Johnny and Noreen’s son Pat took over the business full time to ensure the family tradition continued. Today much has changed has changed in the Cronins but much of the ideals which Johnny and Norreen had when they first opened in 1957 remain the same , good quality food in a friendly family atmosphere, and with their children and grandchildren still working in the restaurant these ideals shall remain the same.
Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

Just happened by for dinner and we were impressed with both food and service. The restaurant is small which we liked.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,158)

Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

We visited during lunch on June 13, 2018 and the food was wonderful. We had just finished a long hike at the Torc Waterfalls and this was a welcome break in our day. I would highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 11 June 2018

We ate here for early dinner and got various items as a family. We all agreed that the best items were the Irish items such as the fish and chips and shepards pie. My parents said that it was one of the best fish and chips they have ever had. Would recommend stopping in if you're in the area

Reviewed 9 June 2018

Cronins Restaurant is in the heart of Killarney. The service is friendly and attentive. I had a wonderful crispy duck dinner. It is a very popular place, so it is advisable to make a reservation for dinner.

Reviewed 4 June 2018 via mobile

We had reservations for 7 people and we were promptly seated upstairs. The service was polite and efficient. Various items were ordered and I was able to Sample more than a few . I ordered the warm goat cheese salad and the stuffed leg of lamb , normally I don’t care for salad but this one was exceptionally delicious, the lamb was served with steamed vegetables on the side and in a brown gravy over stuffing and was very tasty. I also sampled the lamp chops which were cooked medium and were delicious , the shepherds pie had almost a sloppy joe texture under the potatoes that was unusual but tasty at the same time . This restaurant was one of my favorite meals on my trip to Ireland .

Thank theplumbingmedi... .