“Very Good experience”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 17 August 2021 via mobile

It was a busy evening at 7 pm, we were pre booked and staff took great care with Covid pandemic precautions. Our documents to permit eating inside were inspected. We had to wait a bit for service and ordering once seated. I had an excellent half bottle of Merlot, while my wife enjoyed cocktails. All food served was of a high standard, tasty and well presented. We had Massaman Chicken curry, Red Curry and stir fried pork and veg in oyster sauce for mains, sharing platter for starters and desserts were very good. Overall i give a 4 out of 5 score to the experience, and we will definitely return.

Date of visit: August 2021
Write a reviewReviews (440)

Reviewed 16 August 2021

Haven't been to genting thai restaurant in killarney since 2019, because of the covid lockdown, had a takeaway tonight for the first time, couldn't wait to get home and eat my food, so disappointed, ordered starter of crispy duck pancakes, chicken pad thai for me and hot seafood salad with fried rice for my hubby, cost of 36 euro, no fried in the takeaway bag, seafood was overcooked and my pad thai was tasteless, have they changed chef's since I was last there? Called up to let them know about no fried rice, was kept on fone while they went off to check my order, then the phone went dead. Think I'll give it a miss from now on.

Reviewed 4 August 2021 via mobile

Booked a table earlier in the day. Turned up on time and was shown to this table outside which was pretty much in the center of where everyone would be walking past or around almost. Got another table after waiting for some time. Food was mediocre at best. We were waiting an hour between starter and main course. I have no idea why it was so busy given the standard of the food.

Reviewed 3 August 2021

Very disappointed by this restaurant. I called on Sunday to make a booking for 7.30pm for two people and was happily surprised when they were taking bookings for outdoor dining as a lot of places are not doing this at the moment The reason I made the booking was that everywhere was so packed and I knew it would be difficult to get a seat anywhere in town.
We arrived ten minutes early and the male at the door told me he is not taking any bookings as they are so busy and asked when I called etc. I showed him on my phone the time that I called etc. He turned us away and said the booking should not have been taking. He was so rude and could not even look me in the eye when speaking to me. unbeleivable rudeness

Reviewed 26 July 2021 via mobile

Three of us arrived and were seated nicely under the awnings and was nice to have some heat considering it was raining. Prawn pad Thai , massaman and chilli beef came and went very quickly. Hot dinner plates were a lovely touch and the food was very good too.

Deffo recommend.