“Too close for comfort”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 3 October 2020

Went on Friday evening at 6PM. Restaurant was busy and tables were quite close together. Definitely not more, if even a meter apart.
Staff were very friendly and efficient but some were wearing visors.Surely all waiting staff should be wearing masks.
The food was very good with good size portions and good coffee.
Everything very clean,with hand sanitizer in several places.
Will definitely go back for a takeaway but felt uneasy in the restaurant.

Date of visit: October 2020
1  Thank BAILEAn
Write a reviewReviews (449)

Reviewed 30 September 2020

Very friendly service in addition to the amazing food. Would recommend the ribs and beef stir fry. They've a very tasty and affordable early bird menu. Would absolutely recommend.

1  Thank andrewbY2649DC
Reviewed 27 September 2020 via mobile

The food was hit and miss.

My starter, vegetable tempura, was nice but I have never seen chips (potato) made into tempura...
But my partner’s sesame chicken was a bit dry and tasted frozen, he wasn’t impressed by this.

For a main I ordered vegetable pad Thai as I’m a vegetarian, which was completely tasteless and had no flavour at all and very soggy and over cooked. I had to add lots of lime and salt to get it to taste anything.

When ordering I informed the server I wanted there to be tofu and he ensured me there will be tofu in the vegetable pad Thai. However when the dish arrived there was only around 3 small pieces of tofu.

My partner had the “sizzling” crispy beef which he said was nice but definitely didn’t arrive sizzling.

All over the restaurant looked nice and clean, but I wouldn’t be back for the food. The portion sizes were good but for what it was and the flavour and taste of the food it was not worth the price.

2  Thank Jill K
Reviewed 21 September 2020 via mobile

Arrived without reservation,but we were made very welcom,it was 6.45pm.We decided to have the early bird which on top of being excellent value was also exceptionally good.1 had the house soup followed by Sweet n Sour pork and to finish I had White Chocolate Cheesecake.My buddy had chicken Skewers followed by Beef with cashew nuts and sticky toffee pudding.We also had coffee,coke and 1pink gin with mixer all for less than €65 TOTAL.Lovely ambience,wonderful met're D,very professional staff with great adherence to the Covid restrictions.20minutes after we arrived there was only 1 free table and I'm not surprised. Top Notch guys and well done.

4  Thank johnpm2019
Reviewed 16 September 2020 via mobile

Fabulous setting but that's about it. Food arrived quickly but the sweet and sour was sickeningly sweet and the chicken wasn't crispy at all. Egg fried rice looked closer to pilau or plain basmati with a bit of turmeric in it, certainly no egg in it anyway. Also very pricey, mains are €13.50 which is fair enough but rice etc is separate and minimum €3 extra, "egg" fried rice was €4 extra, and for a small enough portion. Even at some of the fancier Asian places I've eaten at I've never seen more than €2 extra for fried rice. Took a half hour to get someone's attention to get our bill, not the fault of the waiters may I add, it looked like there were two waiters between 20-30 tables, they were run off their feet. Arrived with the bill but not the card machine, which we were another few minutes waiting for. Tables also very close together, basically no social distancing although waiters were wearing visors at least.

3  Thank rebeccabkn