“Final stop on ring of Kerry”
Review of Genting Thai

Genting Thai
Ranked #42 of 172 Restaurants in Killarney
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 21 September 2020 via mobile

Arrived without reservation,but we were made very welcom,it was 6.45pm.We decided to have the early bird which on top of being excellent value was also exceptionally good.1 had the house soup followed by Sweet n Sour pork and to finish I had White Chocolate Cheesecake.My buddy had chicken Skewers followed by Beef with cashew nuts and sticky toffee pudding.We also had coffee,coke and 1pink gin with mixer all for less than €65 TOTAL.Lovely ambience,wonderful met're D,very professional staff with great adherence to the Covid restrictions.20minutes after we arrived there was only 1 free table and I'm not surprised. Top Notch guys and well done.

4  Thank johnpm2019
Write a reviewReviews (449)

Reviewed 16 September 2020 via mobile

Fabulous setting but that's about it. Food arrived quickly but the sweet and sour was sickeningly sweet and the chicken wasn't crispy at all. Egg fried rice looked closer to pilau or plain basmati with a bit of turmeric in it, certainly no egg in it anyway. Also very pricey, mains are €13.50 which is fair enough but rice etc is separate and minimum €3 extra, "egg" fried rice was €4 extra, and for a small enough portion. Even at some of the fancier Asian places I've eaten at I've never seen more than €2 extra for fried rice. Took a half hour to get someone's attention to get our bill, not the fault of the waiters may I add, it looked like there were two waiters between 20-30 tables, they were run off their feet. Arrived with the bill but not the card machine, which we were another few minutes waiting for. Tables also very close together, basically no social distancing although waiters were wearing visors at least.

3  Thank rebeccabkn
Reviewed 15 September 2020

My husband and I visited Genting Thai last Monday and it was so good we went back again the following night.
The restaurant itself is beautifully decorated, nicest interior ever seen in any Thai we’ve been in. It was bright, spotlessly clean and social distancing regulations firmly adhered to. The manager welcomed us and showed us to our table and his friendliness and helpfulness was mirrored by all his staff.
Tasting platter was amazing as was the chicken satay and over the two nights I had both the red Thai curry and the green Thai curry. My husband ate the Gai phad med Mamuang with chicken and on the second night the same dish with tiger prawns. Drinks were excellent also but bar service was a little slow each night. Sorry, want to be truthful.
We will definitely visit again when in !Killarney and will look forward to it.

1  Thank Greecefanatic-9
Reviewed 6 September 2020 via mobile

Great food and lovely staff. Food was all very good! We had the prawn red curry which was very tasty

Reviewed 5 September 2020 via mobile

Having been recommended to visit from a local friend we booked in and we were not disappointed. I have always been a fan of Thai food and this was the best I’ve ever had. Fresh ingredients, cooked to perfection. My personal favourite was the beef with chilli, nice and spicy but with other beautiful flavors too. Great drinks options too, with very good cocktails. Service was also very good, albeit maybe a little bit too eager at times.

1  Thank helenhH499RJ