“Worth the money”

Deros Coach Tours
Ranked #15 of 51 Tours in Killarney
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Deros Coach Tours is a Family owned and operated business providing visitors with exceptional driver/guides,top class,current year coaches with the highest specifications.Coming very soon - free Wifi on touring coaches - watch this space.Discover the beauty of Killarney and Kerry in our five star rated tours with our friendly and knowledgeable local driver/guides as they reveal the history and stories in their entertaining and amusing commentary.We have frequent stops for photos,refreshments and bathroom facilities during the tours.All our driver/guides are enthustiac,pleasant and focus on creating a fun environment for your day touring with us.Travel in comfort and style in our luxury fleet of four and five star rated coaches at extremely affordable prices.Why not charter a private Mercedes Benz midi coach or coaches and let us arrange a customized tour in the Killarney surrounds.No group too big or too small.
Reviewed 3 November 2017 via mobile

Took this bus tour spur of the moment (decided to book it the night before) and glad we did. Saved us the narrow road driving and allowed all to see the sights rather than focus on the driving. Ray, our driver was very informative, entertaining and accommodating. Nice clean bus with comfortable seating compared to a lot of bus tours I have been on.

Date of experience: November 2017
1  Thank Robin K
Deroscoachtours, Front Office Manager at Deros Coach Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2017

Thanks a million for putting up this review on trip advisor we really do appreciate it. Ray was delighted you really enjoyed your tour and hopefully you will be back in the not too distant future to do another one with us.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,065)
All reviews
"great sense of humor"
in 13 reviews
"rental car"

Reviewed 1 November 2017

I’m sure the Ring of Kerry tour would stand on its own – even if the driver were completely silent from beginning to end, the scenery would speak for itself. But happily, that was not the case with our tour. We had the good fortune to have Batt as our guide. Hilarious, informative, and a joy to spend the day with. Batt is a wealth of information: we learned so much about the area, and felt like we got a glimpse of some of the Ring’s hidden secrets. And in between the stories, Batt sprinkled in jokes and songs and even a poem or two! A wonderful, wonderful day. Make sure your camera’s batteries are fully charged. You will not believe the number of shot-worthy sights you will see around every corner.

Date of experience: October 2017

What an amazing nice and comprehensive review - thank you very much for taking the time and going to the trouble of posting it up on trip advisor. Great praise for Batt our driver/guide which he was thrilled with. We are very lucky here at Deros because we are very proud of all our driver/guides and their ability to do a good tour into a great memorable tour. We are very happy you went on tour with us and very happy that you enjoyed the beauties and attraction of the Ring of Kerry. Hope to see you again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 1 November 2017 via mobile

Great Ring of Kerry tour, lots of photo stops and good commentary from the driver, Tony. We saw the beautiful Ladies View, the Bay of Dingle, the lakes of Killarney, Waterville, Sneem and others.

Date of experience: October 2017

Thank you very much for your five star review and your praise of our driver guide Tony.
We are delighted you got to see so many beautiful sights and hopefully you will get back to us again in the near future and do the Dingle & Slea Head Tour.

Reviewed 30 October 2017 via mobile

My booking with other tour company was cancelled a week before my trip due insufficient people in the tour. Therefore, I decided to talk to the tour company first when I arrived Killarney before I book another one. Unfortunately, most of the companies were closed by the time I was looking around. I then booked with Deros online the night before the tour knowing that they are available.

The first day was Dingle tour. I phoned in to confirm the availability at 9 and I have arrived the office around 10 (half an hour before the tour starts) hoping to get a window seat since it is first come first serve seating arrangement. In the end, they have to switch to another bigger bus because they have over booked. The tour itself is not too bad. The view and the bus driver, Tony, were great.

The second day was Ring of Kerry, and this was when I felt the whole services at the office was going downhill real fast. I arrived the office, once again, half an hour before the tour starts to get a seat by the window. When I first arrived, I ask the lady at the counter (I believe her name is Catherine), if I can just wait at the bus where it was stopping yesterday. She told me the bus may not be parking at the same spot, and I should wait in the office and the seats were all assigned (very different than my understanding of the first come first serve seating arrangement). I asked if I can request for a window seat. She said you have to pay €8 for priority seating (which she offered to other customers for €5 per seat later on).

After 15 minutes, the bus for the tour was parking at the exact same spot as yesterday’s bus. I asked the lady again if I can get on the bus now. She said I can’t go on the bus because I have to wait for other people who pre-booked the tour to go on first, and then she went on servicing other customers. At that moment, I felt this is ridiculous. Technically I also pre-booked the tour online, why can’t I get on the bus given I was here 30 minutes before the tour starts. I went back to argue with her and she tried to give me reasons such as other customers booked it months ahead of time (which is none-sense cause when I talked to people later during the tour, some of them just booked it that day). Regardless when was the tour was booked, if the seating arrangement is first come first serve, there is no reason I should be treated differently. She let me get on the bus at the end, but I did have to fight hard for that and I am not sure why I have to do that at all. Thinking back, she was also trying to delay me and the other girl getting on the Dingle bus as well. She intentionally lied about the bus was here when the other girl asked her about it. This totally ruins my experience with this tour company and my mood with the tour.

I am not sure what happened, based on my experience, the lady at the counter was extremely dishonest. Instead of just telling me what is going on, she went back and forth with her reasoning. She purposely lied to in different occasions and I would not recommend this company for this particular reason. There are certainly other companies in town will do the same services.

For the tour itself, Tony is a great driver and I do appreciate his service.

2  Thank henryhsh

In reply to your review that was posted up on trip advisor which was clearly not complimentary and the accusations that were made of dishonesty are totally untrue. I will clarify a few points with you
The first row seats are sold as priority seats for an extra charge of €8 per person and the second and third rows are sold at €5 per person. So I hope I have clarified this fact for you about the prices.
Our coaches have to collect clients at various hotels prior to arriving to the office and while at the office in some instances they have to pay for their tickets before they board the bus.
Some customers book well in advance and are assigned seats prior to final boarding. On that particular day you took the tour it was not overbooked but to facilitate customers who booked at the last minute it meant that Tony had to switch to a larger vehicle.
On the day in question you requested a window seat and when it was time to board you were given the opportunity to get the window seat which you got.
I feel what you have put up on trip advisor is totally inaccurate, no one lied to you obviously there was misunderstanding of priority seat prices and I feel you have been very unfair to a company who thrives very hard to give our customer a memorable experience of their holidays in Ireland . I hope you enjoyed the rest of you holidays.