“Lovely meal and entertaining staff”
Review of Danny Mann Pub

Danny Mann Pub
Ranked #33 of 202 Restaurants in Killarney
Price range: US$6 - US$31
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Our traditional Irish pub has been entertaining tourists and locals alike for over 70 years with the best in live Irish music. Join us for an evening, and you may hear a joke or tale from long ago or even sing the night away with the band!
Reviewed 11 June 2018

A group of 6 of us popped in for dinner without reservations. We got a table straight away and were seated by this entertaining fellow who then acted as our waiter. I had the cottage pie with a salad which was excellent and a large portion size. Others had the irish stew and the seafood pie. Everything came out fairly quickly considering the size of our group. They didn’t have a wide selection of cider to pick from, but I found one that I’d had before. Several at the table had Guinness which is always easy to get. The live music started at around 9pm, but we didn’t stay for too much of it. The fellow was good, but not enough of the traditional Irish music to suit my taste. The place was packed though, and everyone seemed to be enjoying it. A good spot for food and music.

Brooklodge, Manager at Danny Mann Pub, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2018

Dear Guest,

We are very happy to read of your positive experience in our pub and also to see you mentioning the positive experiences of the rest of our guests also. It's rewarding to read that you enjoyed the service provided by one of our team and our food offerings, we take great pride in both.

We have one of the largest bars in Killarney meaning we are always very happy to cater for bigger tables of which we have an ample supply. Thank you sincerely for your recommendation and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the near future.

Operations Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,125)

Reviewed 8 June 2018 via mobile

Danny Mann’s has excellent food but the service is slower than normal; at least that was my experience. I had to wait almost 30 minutes before I went to the bar to ask if I could order my food. No, it wasn’t crowded at all! I did eat an excellent vegan pie that I wish had been served at all the restaurants I went to!

Dear Guest,

We are pleased to read that our food is worth waiting for and sorry for what you felt was a delay in your service. We hope that you choose to visit us again soon and that we can exceed your expectations at that time.

Reviewed 6 June 2018 via mobile

Walked through Killarney trying to find a good restaurant. We stopped to look at the menu and the girl at the door was very pushy trying to convince us to go in. My friend like the menu so we decided to stay. Normally I try to avoid the typical tourist traps and I’m not a big fan of roast beef, bacon&cabbage... I was pleasantly surprised how tasty my Cajun chicken burger was. Perfectly seasoned and cooked. Our waitress was very experienced and efficient making sure all her customers were looked after.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and I am very happy to say that your experience was certainly not unexpected for us. Your experience is the kind of service that we pride ourselves upon delivering each and every day here in the Danny Mann Pub.

We hope that you have the chance to call again soon for more of the same great food and service.

Reviewed 6 June 2018 via mobile

Having watched the barman dash around the bar serving two others who arrived after us the dash past again to serve someone else (who had the courtesy to say we were before him) we decided it was not the place to part with our cash. No attempt made at decent customer service! Grubby and worth giving a miss!

1  Thank loubillerose

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to pass on your feedback. I must say that i find your review to be very conflicting, you have intimated that no attempt was made to give decent customer service but stated that our staff member was dashing around to serve our guests. Is this not what one of the main aspects of customer service is, giving your best effort to serve the guests in a timely manner?

It is the easiest mistake to make to misinterpret the queuing order in a horseshoe shaped bar like our own and I would hope that most reasonable people would agree that this is neither deserving of being put out to pasture or a one star review on your part.

I wish you all the best in your future travels,

Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

The food is good, no complaints but the service is very very bad. There is plenty of staff walking about but nobody seems to know what is going on, what each table has ordered and what stage we were at. Mains arrived before starter, drinks appeared intermittently !!

One member of staff apologized for the wait and said there is some new staff. If you have plenty of time to spare then you should visit here, we were here for 2 hours just trying to get starters and mains.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to pass on your feedback and for your positive comments about our food. I am sorry that the service didn't match your expectations, it's apparent that we didn't meet our own high standards during your recent visit.

We are not perfect here in the Danny Mann but as is emphasized by your review we are the first to admit our mistakes, to apologize and make every effort to appease our guests. Again I do apologize but I would point out that you have embellished your time scale more than slightly.