“Good food”

Ranked #35 of 203 Restaurants in Killarney
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 26 November 2017 via mobile

Five of us had an excellent meal. All our fish mains were very good indeed. Service was good, Karen looked after us very well. It was not busy at all, so not a great deal of atmosphere. But as there were five of us it didn’t really matter. Would go back again.

1  Thank GerryMCM

Reviewed 2 November 2017 via mobile

We ate here last night..The waitress who served us was excellent..unfortunately I didn’t get her name. She was very attentive with our 13 year old son who wanted his steak cooked his own way...the oysters in champagne sauce were the best I’ve tasted and I had a glass of fresh Guinness to wash them down. Lobster was excellent also,as was the fillet steak. I would highly recommend this restaurant to any seafood lover.

Reviewed 27 October 2017 via mobile

As Killarney locals we had a meal here on a Saturday night. We had booked a table in advance but when we arrived,the barman sat us at the closest table to the bar which wasn’t set properly-no wine glasses or spoons. The restaurant was very busy with American tourists (which is fantastic for the local economy) but we felt very neglected. Having just ordered a fish main course which was lovely,staff regularly passed by our table without checking in, asking how our meal was or topping up the wine/water which you would expect in such an establishment. There seemed to be plenty of staff but nobody in charge. We were left waiting for the bill for 15minutes-needless to say the tip was minimal. We won’t be returning-places like this need to look after the local clientèle as we are the bread & butter in the long dark winter months. Disappointing.

Reviewed 24 October 2017

Our first choice for dinner was closed on this evening and we walked along Main Street looking for a second choice when we across Foley's. Menu seemed decent (and my wife was starving) so we decided to try it. Service was attentive although not as friendly as we had come to experience elsewhere on our trip.
Our entrees (turbot and Cod) had generous portions and the prices were on the high end of reasonable.

Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

Before I start I would like to say the staff were pleasant and attentive during my visit... BUT

This is without a doubt the worst meal I have eaten , or should I say tasted,

I ordered the €30 seafood platter, which I thought was a bit expensive but seeing as my wife and I were on holiday I thought I'd splash out.
The plate was put in front of me ......
The disappointment was instant..
The salmon was ridiculously overcooked, the pieces of white fish I had were bland and again overcooked to the point they were actually curled up in a circle, and this "chef" actually allowed that to leave the kitchen. That would never had touched the table back home in Belfast.
We witnessed other diners with the same issues
The staff were apologetic when I brought this to their attention , and while I was offered a replacement meal I declined.
I can't help but feel angry, these people are declaring to be a seafood restaurant when in reality your local chippy would do better fish. They are ripping off tourists, far better restaurants within walking distance
Please avoid... really