“Great food”
Review of Bricin Restaurant

Bricin Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 190 Restaurants in Killarney
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Set above Bricín Shop, Bricín Restaurant and Boxty House is a well known name on the lips of many people. Opened in November 1991, its popularity is down to the fine food produced by Owner/Chef Paddy McGuire and by the warmth of welcome and hospitality shown front of house by Owner Johnny McGuire. Between them they have an exceptional product that has been 21 years plus in the making.
Reviewed 16 April 2017

Just happened to pop in...Got there right at closing on a Tuesday/(closed Sundays and Mondays...but they seated us right away. Although busy, the staff were nice and did not act hurried...only to get our food. It was served at just the right temp and the food was excellent. \not bad prices for the quality of food/service/surroundings. Would eat there again

3  Thank 3higgins
Write a ReviewReviews (1,530)

Reviewed 15 April 2017 via mobile

Maybe we got it on a bad day.. The staff here were very accommodating and helpful, but the food just didn't match the reviews we had read. I ordered the steak with mash and stir fried vegetables. The steak was delicious and cooked perfectly as I requested but the veg and potatoes were extremely salty. My father and sister both agreed. My mum however ordered the trio of fish and was unable to eat her sides as it was so delicious and the portion was so large.

1  Thank JenniferMcGinn
Reviewed 14 April 2017 via mobile

Cannot highly recommend this restaurant enough! From the moment we arrived till the minute we left the service was AMAZING. The food was delicious and cannot wait to make a return visit!!!

3  Thank Iris I
Reviewed 12 April 2017 via mobile

Why are you in Ireland? Are you Irish like me? Are you on some sort of ancestral grass roots tour of this splendid island? Well, Bricin is a traditional Irish restaurant with the most amazing Irish food you could ever hope for. The 'boxty' as they call it is a potato pancake/crepe kinda thing which can be filled with chicken, lamb, etc. (I had the lamb). It was absolutely amazing!!!! Like life changing kinda good. The owner of the establishment was waiting at the door and greeted me with a warm and friendly smile and hello. He found a spot for me and the service from here was consistently wonderful. If you happen to be in Killarney or anywhere in the vicinity, you need to eat here. If you don't eat at Bricin, there's not much I can say for you, except, you're a horse's patoot!!!!!!

2  Thank Jdorsa24
Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

We had a large party and the staff were kind enough to fit us in early. The chicken boxty was wonderful and the steak was raved about. We are from the prix fixe menu which was a nice surprise at the end when the bill came....

2  Thank Sue G