“Mixed opinions..”
Review of Bricin Restaurant

Bricin Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 190 Restaurants in Killarney
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Set above Bricín Shop, Bricín Restaurant and Boxty House is a well known name on the lips of many people. Opened in November 1991, its popularity is down to the fine food produced by Owner/Chef Paddy McGuire and by the warmth of welcome and hospitality shown front of house by Owner Johnny McGuire. Between them they have an exceptional product that has been 21 years plus in the making.
Reviewed 15 April 2017 via mobile

Maybe we got it on a bad day.. The staff here were very accommodating and helpful, but the food just didn't match the reviews we had read. I ordered the steak with mash and stir fried vegetables. The steak was delicious and cooked perfectly as I requested but the veg and potatoes were extremely salty. My father and sister both agreed. My mum however ordered the trio of fish and was unable to eat her sides as it was so delicious and the portion was so large.

1  Thank JenniferMcGinn
Write a ReviewReviews (1,530)

Reviewed 14 April 2017 via mobile

Cannot highly recommend this restaurant enough! From the moment we arrived till the minute we left the service was AMAZING. The food was delicious and cannot wait to make a return visit!!!

3  Thank Iris I
Reviewed 12 April 2017 via mobile

Why are you in Ireland? Are you Irish like me? Are you on some sort of ancestral grass roots tour of this splendid island? Well, Bricin is a traditional Irish restaurant with the most amazing Irish food you could ever hope for. The 'boxty' as they call it is a potato pancake/crepe kinda thing which can be filled with chicken, lamb, etc. (I had the lamb). It was absolutely amazing!!!! Like life changing kinda good. The owner of the establishment was waiting at the door and greeted me with a warm and friendly smile and hello. He found a spot for me and the service from here was consistently wonderful. If you happen to be in Killarney or anywhere in the vicinity, you need to eat here. If you don't eat at Bricin, there's not much I can say for you, except, you're a horse's patoot!!!!!!

2  Thank Jdorsa24
Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

We had a large party and the staff were kind enough to fit us in early. The chicken boxty was wonderful and the steak was raved about. We are from the prix fixe menu which was a nice surprise at the end when the bill came....

2  Thank Sue G
Reviewed 11 April 2017

This is a busy restaurant with all waiting staff working flat out. We had not booked, not a good idea, but they held on to us and looked after us totally. There is a great range of quality food on the menu and the €30 3 course menu met all our needs. Bridget looked after with great warmth and charm and no request was any problem. It is popular with locals as well as tourists. Bricin is a special experience and we will be back next time in Killarney.

1  Thank Ashlawnguest