“Must try the boxty!!!”
Review of Bricin Restaurant

Bricin Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 187 Restaurants in Killarney
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

We had a large party and the staff were kind enough to fit us in early. The chicken boxty was wonderful and the steak was raved about. We are from the prix fixe menu which was a nice surprise at the end when the bill came....

2  Thank Sue G
There are newer reviews for Bricin Restaurant

Reviewed 11 April 2017

This is a busy restaurant with all waiting staff working flat out. We had not booked, not a good idea, but they held on to us and looked after us totally. There is a great range of quality food on the menu and the €30 3 course menu met all our needs. Bridget looked after with great warmth and charm and no request was any problem. It is popular with locals as well as tourists. Bricin is a special experience and we will be back next time in Killarney.

1  Thank Ashlawnguest
Reviewed 9 April 2017 via mobile

We were looking for Irish food and needed an early dinner, so the "early bird" option, at a special price, suited us perfectly. Even this reduced menu offered adequate variety, including boxty that I had with the chicken filling. Delicious and interesting! The decor and ambiance is warm and inviting, the service fast and friendly. My husband had chicken supreme, equally good. The warm chocolate cake with cream and the apple and pear crumble were both excellent. Do try the battered, fried camembert, but far the best I have ever tasted.

2  Thank Hester M
Reviewed 8 April 2017 via mobile

We went to Bricin for dinner on our last night in Killarney based on reviews on TripAdvisor. We did not call ahead and unfortunately couldn't get in when we first went. There is a lovely shop below the restaurant that we were browsing through when the owner of the restaurant happened to come down into the shop. He had had a cancellation and was able to accommodate us for dinner! What luck!!!! I had the set menu which includes a starter, main, and dessert for €30. The seafood chowder was to die for and the best chowder I've ever had (and I come from a seafood lovers haven)! As all the reviews I had read mentioned the Boxty, I had to try it! I had the vegetable one and it was perfect! My friend had the spinach tartlet to start and the lamb boxty. She raved about both as well. Bricin is a gem of a restaurant and popular with both locals and tourists. Do make a reservation so as not to miss out on this little gem in Killarney!

2  Thank Curlykara
Reviewed 7 April 2017 via mobile

This was a highlight of our stay in Killarney!

The Boxty (Irish version of a potato pancake) was excellent, but everything else was as well! Our gluten free traveler was happy with all of the restaurants in the area- servers very helpful and menu choices plentiful

The steak au poivre was perfectly prepared, sauce included. The chicken Boxty was like eating an excellent, deconstructed chicken pot pie

3  Thank Gail H