All reviews own bathroom family room walk into town dorm beds supervalu facilities toaster supermarket accommodation
Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

Booked a family room for one night. I am 7 months pregnant and due to health concerns I unfortunately had to cancel our stay in Killarney.

This hostel didn’t even react or acknowledge my cancellation (which I sent via two different channels). They took the money from my card, which of course they are entitled to, but no word was said. Very poor customer service even for a hostel, turned me right off booking this hostel for any future stays in Killarney.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
CHL-GM, General Manager at 3 Lakes Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2018

Dear Siatera,

by means of your review on this site I am unable to establish details of your booking and subsequent cancellation and I would like to ask you to contact me directly @ mherfurt@hotelkillarney.ie so I can investigate this further for you. I do apologize to you if we failed to contact you back after you reaching out to us. Thank you very much

Reviewed 30 July 2018

Room clean and decent size

Staff very friendly (mostly) [our only moan is the stupid way the "smoking area" is just an open door into reception so all of their smoke just blows into recption!!! Not great considering how often we had to pass here every time we walked in/out our room to the car, kitchen, garden etc...]

Location: easy to find on edge of town - quick access by car (good sized car park), 10 mins walk into town, lots supermarkets and restaurants/cafes nearby.

Common Room large and tidy (fine enough space even when busy)
Kitchen decent size for sharing the washing up and prep

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank bobby474
CHL-GM, General Manager at 3 Lakes Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2018

Dear bobby474,
Thank you for your review! Happy to read you enjoyed the hostel and its facilities and hope to welcome you back soon again!

Reviewed 12 June 2018

Stayed for a girls night out, outside of a little confusion when we were booking in we enjoyed our stayed. Carpets in rooms were pretty stained as were bathroom floors, sink etc. but the beds were clean. Ideal for a one night stay when you know you will only be resting your head for a few hours. Staff were nice and although we didn't' use the facilities, the common room and kitchen looked clean.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
CHL-GM, General Manager at 3 Lakes Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2018

Dear Fitzgeraldtanya88,
Thank you for your review of our Three Lakes Hostel. We are happy to read you enjoyed your stay and we hope to be able to welcome you again soon!

Reviewed 20 May 2018

It states on the website that there is 24 hour reception service, yet no one ever answers the phone when i call.i have tries so many times to contact this hostel. Emails also never get answered.
its poor customer service when phones are never answered.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
HIK-GM, General Manager at 3 Lakes Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2018

Thank you Noreen G, we will check our phone system for any maintenance issues. Phones and emails are forwarded to central reservations when the hostel is closed. Thank you again.

Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

Arrived after 5 room not ready
Dirty stained carpet beds undressed bathroom dirty .The building was stifling add the dust and musty smell not pleasant While I know this is a hostel it is dirty our room needed some serious maintenance a new bath and new flooring staff seemed seriously overwhelmed reception staff were friendly and efficient

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you Kerrydirector for your comments. I am sorry you perceived our hostel as not cleaned, we take every effort to always provide great accommodation and good service. We take your feedback on board as we always strive to improve our operation. Thank you again