All reviews own bathroom family room walk into town dorm beds supervalu facilities toaster supermarket accommodation
Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

Arrived after 5 room not ready
Dirty stained carpet beds undressed bathroom dirty .The building was stifling add the dust and musty smell not pleasant While I know this is a hostel it is dirty our room needed some serious maintenance a new bath and new flooring staff seemed seriously overwhelmed reception staff were friendly and efficient

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
HIK-GM, General Manager at 3 Lakes Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2018

Thank you Kerrydirector for your comments. I am sorry you perceived our hostel as not cleaned, we take every effort to always provide great accommodation and good service. We take your feedback on board as we always strive to improve our operation. Thank you again

Reviewed 1 January 2018

Our room was not cleaned before we got there. The bathroom was filthy! Also the floors in the room weren't hoovered for days. I have stayed in several hostels in Killarney and throughout the country and this was definitely the dirtiest I have stayed in.

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Shauna L
Reviewed 2 October 2017

I booked two beds online via booking.com in advance before arriving at the hostel and the staff didnt check the names and booking again when me and my friend arrived there. Unfortunately I didnt remember the booking immediately so we had to pay the amount again. I contacted 3 Lakes Hostel 3 times via email, explained my situation and added photos of the printed receipt and online booking and they didnt answer my mails once. Staff might be changing many times so no one feels responsible for service requests coming in via email.

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Sonja K
Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

We brought a large group of young footballers to this hostel for the second year in a row and it once again proved to be an excellent weekend. We booked 3 x 10 bed dorms which were clean and well presented and perfect for our group. It proved to be excellent value working out at €16 B&B with the convenience of being able to organise an evening meal the night we arrived in the adjacent Hotel Killarney. The kids even went for a swim before breakfast in the hotel leisure centre. Breakfast was perfect although one toaster for 20 hungry kids was a bit slow. The 3 Lakes offers the best of both worlds, budget accommodation for large groups with a nice hotel next door for food and entertainment. We will definitely return next year.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

We've spend only 1 night in 3 lakes Hostel and we couldn't be more happy with accommodation.
Hostel is conveniently located across the street from Super Value (you can do you breakfast or dinner shopping), it has large common sitting area to relax ( you can watch your own Netflix on a large screen) and canteen. You're welcome to cook in the kitchen - all you're being asked is only to clean after yourself. Fair enough!
Breakfast is continental (cereals, toast,juice) so you need your own products for cooked breakfast.
We stayed in a family room with private bathroom but I believe most rooms have private bathrooms. Room was quite large, clean with fresh sheets, towels and basic toiletries in bathroom -what else would you need?
For a small charge you can also use washing machine and tumble dryer if you want, and if you get soaking wet you can dry your clothes on a string dryer above the bath.

All I would maybe recommend is to mount few hooks in the room to hang coats. It's not a biggie though.

Definitely will come back.

Date of stay: September 2017