“Lovely early breakfast ”

Esquires Coffee (Galway)
Ranked #1 of 40 Coffee & Tea in Galway
Cuisines: Irish, Contemporary, Cafe
Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

One of the few cafes that open really early other than Gourmet tarts (which opens at 7am). This is a lovely cafe with HOT food! Like eggs, bacon, sausages and other pastries. They have items like smoked salmon, eggs Benedict, omelette, scrambled eggs, pancakes, porridge etc. The service there is excellent and you can't help but smile when the service staff are so cheery even in gloomy wet weather.
If you are driving... there's no parking nearby. We just found any roadside parking and walked our way here.
Come here to have a perky morning!

2  Thank feliciakaw

Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

I've been living in Galway the last year and this cafe is most definitely the most warm and welcoming place I've been to. The owner is a delight and nothing is too much trouble for his customers, all staff very friendly and beautiful decor. Also great coffee and never been disappointed with the food!

2  Thank ElaineCollum
Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

My mum and I visited for breakfast whilst visiting Galway for the night. Mum had the eggs bene and I had the porridge. The eggs were cooked to perfection, and there were nice accompaniments with my porridge. Coffee was good. We bought a scone and muffin for the road which were also great. Warm, friendly service, which was much appreciated after some patchy service in Dublin.

2  Thank poochhandler
Reviewed 10 September 2017

We were looking for a light bite and stumbled on this gem off Eyre Square. We ordered 2 vegetarian sandwiches one with chips and the other with salad. Oh, and don't forget the Americano coffee! Everything was tasty and all served by a very pleasant staff. The menu offers a wide variety from breakfast to sandwiches and light pastries. Esquire Coffee is worth seeking out.

2  Thank YRMWT
Reviewed 5 September 2017

Had breakfast there on the Sunday morning of the all-Ireland hurling final. Everyone was decked out in Galway colours, including our Brazilian waiter. I had an omelette and my daughter had pancakes, the food was excellent and well complemented by the very friendly and attentive service. The decor and atmosphere is lovely, the cafe has a really friendly, upbeat and happy vibe. Love this place, feel like I have discovered a little gem in Galway and will most definitely be back

1  Thank Mary L