“Wide Variety of Crepes”
Review of An Pota Caife - CLOSED

An Pota Caife
Reviewed 10 September 2017

The menu offered a wide variety of sweet and savory crepes as well as other dishes. The mushroom potato soup was a delight as were the crepes: Mediterranean and vegetarian. Offers outside seating. There is a €0.25 seating charge per person.

Date of visit: September 2017

Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

Myself and 4 friends went here for breakfast before we caught our train home. 4 ordered the full irish breakfast and one ordered a mini breakfast. All 5 of us had differnt requests whe it came to the items on the breakfast and we wanted to replace some items with differnt items eg no tomato extra mushroom(see pic) an there was absolutely no issue doing so. I couldnt fault it one bit for €8.50 great vaule for money. Both soda bread and toast served with it and a pot of tea and a glass of OJ.. Service was tops and staff are absolutely lovely and all about the customer. We enjoyed it that much we all paid €10 for our breakfast instead of the €8.50 asking price. Could not recommend this place enough for a hearty irish delicious breakfast with faultless hospitality.. A+ in my books.

1  Thank Rebecca G
Reviewed 24 August 2017 via mobile

Was going to have a a lunch meal but decided against this as I saw the young girl on her own as waitress was attending about five tables at once with no help, making coffees and teas and also doing the till.i decided I'd just have a latte and pastry (for speed's sake) which is advertised on the wall outside as €3.95. I was charged separately and it came to 5.50. It's not much money and I don't ever complain. But it's false advertising. Living in Dublin I know 'coffee and scone/pastry' etc means any coffee i.e latte , cappuccino, americano and not as I was told ("it's just americano")when finally I asked why I'd been charged 1.55 more than the advertisement. Basically meaning a latte costs 1.55 more than a regular coffee. No apology anyway. Never mind getting 1.50 back. I was told I ordered separate : that's why I was charged separate, but I paid for both at the same time! I work in the hospitality sector and know too well that staff might get mixed up with specials and the like when they're busy. And the girl was young and not too experienced I'd imagine. What I'd advise is the manager to go through a few things with wait staff. If she had suggested giving money back I would probably have said 'no'. It's not 100 quid, but the notion of having a good deal advertised outside and then being way over-charged inside would test anyone's patience. The pastry was nice, and so was the coffee!

Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

Me and me friend were on a day tour from Dublin and we got lunch at this cafe - we got an amazing pizza with egg and spinach and we could sit and watch a band playing in the street - a great way to experience Galway

Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

Loved it!!! Went three times during my visit to Galway and never let me down! The food was delicious, specially the crepes and the ricota/tomato ravioli, the environment inside is cozy with good music, the prices are quiet cheaper than the average of Ireland, the staff is very friendly and the service in general is quickly once you've ordered! I highly recommend it :)