“All fish is frozen”

Dock 1 Seafood Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #55 of 541 Restaurants in Galway
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We came from Dublin for the day and having googled fish restaurants were happy to try this restaurant. Unfortunately dispute very friendly service the fish was all frozen. Very disappointing.

2  Thank joycesally1
redbucksf, General Manager at Dock 1 Seafood Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Good Afternoon Sally, Thanks for taking the time to review our restaurant. I have spoken with our local fishmongers here in Galway and they have guaranteed that their fish is not frozen. Can you please pm me some more details so I can investigate your experience further.

Kindest regards

Reviewed 12 October 2018 via mobile

We came to this restaurant early one evening after a long cold day in the rain! We were warmly greeted and seated without a reservation, so already feeling happy! We ordered garlic crab claws and a small portion of oysters. Both were absolutely delicious, full of flavour and very fresh. For mains, we ordered Mussels Marinière and Hake Fish & Chips. The mussels were beautifully orange, tender and bursting with flavour. The Fish & Chips were tremendous! The hake was soft, flaky and buttery with a perfect, light, fluffy and very delicate, a lovely flavour too. I absolutely adored this place. We seriously enjoyed our meal and hope to be able to visit again some time!

Reviewed 11 October 2018 via mobile

The staff was very friendly and nice. A great seafood selection. Because they use fresh seafood they can run out of food so best to go early.

Reviewed 10 October 2018 via mobile

We love seafood and were excited to try lobster here. Upon being seated we were told that there was no lobster, so half the menu was unavailable. The Galway oysters were good but not as described by the waitress - we ordered a dozen, but they were larger than anticipated, so a few went to waste. I discoveted to my chagrin that all the seafood is farmed, not wild. I think this is a shame. Galway has a rich history of being a fisherman's port. But nothing wild is being sold!? I ended up ordering steak. Sad.

Reviewed 4 October 2018 via mobile

We loved this restaurant!
The place is in front of the dock so there is an amazing view.
We came around 6 so they open the second floor and we got this table in front of the windows facing the dock and it was just perfect.
The staff is really nice and polite and the prices are really good!
We got some stake and a mix sea food platter (the one at the picture).
We really wanted a desert but we where too full.
Atmosphere is incredible.
I definitely recommend this place to everyone that comes to Galway I really enjoyed it and would love to come again.