“Best gluten free chowder”

Dock 1 Seafood Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #54 of 536 Restaurants in Galway
Reviewed 4 December 2016

On a very cold and foggy night it was lovely to step inside to the warmth of Dock 1 and also be warmly greeted by the staff. We were offered a table upstairs in the dining room but chose to stay in the bar. My husband is coeliac and was delighted to have gluten free chowder on the menu which we both ordered,his came with gf bread and mine with a seaweed scone. The chowder was the best we have had in a long time.Lamb shank was also very good but the chicken curry (also gluten free) was a little disappointing. Overall an enjoyable meal and great for coeliacs

Reviewed 29 November 2016

Lovley comfortable surroundings , warm on a cold night and with a good selection of craft/continental beers and cider

Reviewed 28 November 2016 via mobile

If you are in Galway, this is the place to eat. I'm not a fan of seafood but a friend booked it & everyone else was looking forward to a seafood experience. I was a little worried that I would leave hungry! They have some wonderful choices for people like myself. I had the lamb shanks & it was outstanding. I was assured by my friends, who all had seafood that they thoroughly enjoyed it. Our waitress was a wonderfully friendly & enthusiastic lady. I highly recommend it.

Reviewed 21 November 2016

Very fresh and good.Also the prices are not so bad.
Just keep in mind that the starters are really small, go for the main course for 2 euros of difference.

Reviewed 12 November 2016

Went here one night and were so pleased we did. Lovely setting overlooking the harbour. Great choice on the menu and gorgeous food. Friendly and helpful staff. Really enjoyed our meals. We had some sort of fish, can't remember but would not hesitate to go back.