All reviewscity centreironing roomtrendy hotelnight managerplenty of free parkingseafood chowdereyre squarebooked this hotelbuffet breakfastnight staylovely hotelfrom start to finishrooms were spotlesswould definitely stay here againreception desklast weekenda great stay
Reviewed 13 July 2018 via mobile

Called in to their bar/restaurant for dinner. World cup semi final was on so busy but they where very accommodating and helpful. Nice meal and our waitress was great, i can remember her name but is was eastern European i think, any way she was so good

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 July 2018

We stayed in Galway for one night only in early July. The Nox Hotel was a pleasant stay--a modern hotel within walking distance of the city center. The rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable. It was nice to be able to eat breakfast outdoors as we did. Our one suggestion to management is that they allow for the windows in the hotel room to be opened more widely. It was very warm in the room and the window could only be opened a bit.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank PaulaDOslo
Nox-Hotel, Sales & Marketing at Nox Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2018

Dear PaulaDOslo,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We are always happy to hear that guests have enjoyed their time with us!

Due to safety regulations we unfortunately cannot allow the windows in bedrooms to open any further, we do however offer fans at reception to help with the heat during the warm summer weather, my apologies if this was not offered to you at your check in.

We look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for couple nights as break good location,close to city centre,but not directly in it.Cleanliness was good room was quiet small for family room and no bath just shower,which wasn’t what requested as had toddler staying too.
Weather was quiet warm and very disappointed no air conditioning in room was very stuffy and only large windows opened couple inches(safety measure)I know but was unbearable.Half eight in morn hovering outside the bedroom door in hallway.Breakfast was okay and waiting staff was very pleasant!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank Maurtis c

Dear Marutis c,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We are constantly trying to give our guests the best service possible so all feedback is welcome.

At Nox Hotel we have tried to make all of our bedrooms as accessible as possible; to accommodate guests with mobility difficulties we have made the decision to only have showers in our bathrooms as it provides better accessibility. My apologies if this was an inconvenience for you and your family. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your breakfast with us and I will pass on your kind comments to our waiting staff, I know they will appreciate this.

Reviewed 9 July 2018

Unfriendly, unwelcoming service, noisy and awkward location. We asked on entry to hotel were we at reception and were waved in direction of lifts! The first hotel we ever witnessed reception, bar and restaurant all in one area! Much more lovely friendly quieter hotels in Galway to choose from.

Room Tip: There may be better rooms but it's located off an extremely busy roundabout so can't see any respite from traffic!
Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Martina B

Dear Martina B,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us, we appreciate all feedback as we are always striving to improve our service to our guests.

I am truly sorry to hear you were disappointed with the service you received upon entering the hotel and I will review this with our reception team.

If you would like to discuss this matter with me further please don't hesitate to contact me directly at leanne@noxhotel.ie.

Reviewed 9 July 2018

When I booked I kinda thought we were closer to Galway. However, it wasn't that big of a deal - 20 minute walk into the heart of Galway. The hotel is located in an industrial area but there are convenient shops nearby. Lots of parking so this is a plus.

Upon checking in we had a lovely welcome from the women in reception. We had not included a breakfast in our booking as we thought we were closer to town and was going to take the opportunity to enjoy breakfasts from a variety of different cafes and restaurants. However, the woman in reception convinced us to enjoy breakfast with them as they were award winning and so we booked in for the next morning. In actual fact, in the end, we booked in for the 4 mornings we were in Galway, mainly because we were quite a distance from the city centre.

Our room was very clean and comfortable. We were kinda expecting a mini fridge in a hotel (there was none) so we had to constantly get an ice bucket for some smoked salmon we bought. We were advised we were only entitled to one ice bucket per night. Became a pain trying to keep cheese and salmon cold during a heatwave.

The breakfasts were standard in my opinion - nothing different to ones we had in other B & Bs and hotels. So not sure what the award is for. We did have dinner one night and it was good.

The women in the hotel, from reception, cleaning, management were exceptional. They were so pleasant and accommodating. Nothing was too much trouble. It is their work and attention that would have had this hotel go from Average to Very Good. I'll include in this a couple of barmen - they were also very accommodating and pleasant.

Where the hotel was let down was by the male team members, thus moving from Very Good to Average. They were distant and unaccommodating, in particular, a gentleman who seemed to present as a front office manager. He was off-handed and less than friendly. And then along with the night staff who completely ignored me when I was at reception wanting to get our laundry. I waited for over 15 minutes, with two of the men just looking up and ignoring me. In the end, I went back to my room and told my husband to go and fetch our laundry as I was invisible to the men downstairs. He was served promptly (helps when you are 6ft 4). So in terms of customer service, the majority of men in this hotel were sadly lacking in hospitality and made it uncomfortable for us. So much so, if we were to visit Galway again, we would not stay at the Nox Hotel. When I was in Galway in 2017 I stayed at a B & B and I would actually stay there again rather than the Nox.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple