“High quality fish and chips”

Restaurant Gemelles
Ranked #80 of 524 Restaurants in Galway
Price range: US$5 - US$41
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Gemelle's Restauarant is a family run restauarant situated on Quay Street, in the heart of Galway's Latin Quarter. Serving food 7 days a week, both lunch and dinner, Gemelle's restaurant is a must. Serving a mix of European styled cuisines Gemelle's is a great dining experience, that doesn't put stress on your pocket either.
Reviewed 25 March 2016 via mobile

We tasted the outdoor takeaway fish and chips they cook at the entrance of the restaurant. It was delicious.

1  Thank Alfonso Ángel L

Reviewed 3 March 2016

Great food, service and value. A la carte and early bird type value (but available all evening) menu with beautiful choices of fish, meat and vegetarian, dessert. Free bottle of wine which was very nice available with a €40 spend also. Had a fab fishcake, tender steak (with small extra charge), eton mess. All so tasty, well cooked. Restaurant itself was a gorgeous, cosy space. Fire roaring on a cold night. Friendly staff. Mix of diners from solo to small groups. Would definitely go back.

1  Thank LMC95
Reviewed 8 February 2016 via mobile

Ate dinner here on a quiet midweek evening recently after a friend raved about it. We had polar opposite experiences I'm sad to say. €11 'sizzling' prawns came swimming in a dipping liquor too spicy to consume (3 large whole chillis remained in each of our bowls), my main course of duck (requested to be cooked medium when I was asked) was completely charred both skin side and underneath leaving it beyond well done, and the accompanying apple stuffing was greasy and unappetising. 4 roast potatoes on the side were leathery. My aunt's fish trio was tasty but overcooked.
It would be helpful where dishes don't automatically come with vegetables / salad that this be pointed out at time of ordering.
The best part of our meal was coffee and a portion of afagatto we shared for dessert.
Having eaten here over the years and never been disappointed previously, I can only hope that our experience last week was a one off. We won't be in a hurry back.

Reviewed 17 January 2016 via mobile

Popped in over Christmas without a reservation and had a pleasant surprise. Restaurant is a cosy homely place, staff very friendly and nice. Had chowder that was as good as you can get and the nicest piece of salmon I've had in years. Other half had fajitas which were superb. Will be back!

Reviewed 14 January 2016

My wife and I dined here recently and our experience of this restaurant was extremely positive and we will be back! The service was great, the atmosphere was very cosy and inviting. We don't get out to dine very often having small children at home so this was exactly the place we were looking for! I had possibly one of the finest steaks ever, cooked to perfection (medium rare) and my wife had a seafood dish that was simply mouth watering! The wine was excellent and the prices were very reasonable for the area. I would definitely recommend this fine dining!