“Top class dining experience”

White Gables Restaurant
Ranked #15 of 543 Restaurants in Galway
Price range: US$40 - US$59
Cuisines: Irish, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Serving the Galway community for over twenty years, White Gables specialises in traditional cooking with a modern flair. Visitors to this atmospheric restaurant are guaranteed the greatest experience in every way: service, comfort, hospitality and plenty of good classically cooked sumptuous food. Mains include grilled rib-eye steak with pepper sauce, or, one of the most popular dishes on the menu, traditional lip-smacking crispy roast half duckling with orange sauce. Fish is also a speciality here with timeless classics featuring such as, Sole on the Bone, Scallops Mornay and many other favourites, depending on market availability. Wines are hand-picked by Ann herself with choices to suit every pocket, and a great selection of half bottles too. Prices are matched to suit all budgets. A set menu is available every evening, with plenty of choice and two courses cost just €30 per person, with four courses at €38 per person. A la Carte dining is also an option. Located in Moycullen, 8km from Galway, White Gables Restaurant , Enjoy…from White Gables food shop and Enjoy…More cafe were established by Anne and Kevin Dunne, in a cottage dating back to the 1920s. White Gables is recommended by Good Food Ireland, Bridgestone Guides, Georgina Campbell’s Ireland and Lucinda O’Sullivan’s Little Black Book.
Reviewed 23 March 2018

In Galway for St Patricks weekend & dined here on the Saturday night. Nice pre dinner reception/drinks area and greeted warmly on arrival. Meal was very, very good and couldn't fault in any way. Retired back to reception area for after dinner drink to relax even more. All told a very enjoyable evening

Date of visit: March 2018

Reviewed 11 March 2018

I ordered dinner for my mother and father and White Gables delivered it to their house. My mother said the duck was amazing and the roulade was also great. White Gables were extremely helpful. Unfortunately I was unable to be with mum for mothers day and she wasn't able to go to the restaurant for dinner, but White Gables went out of thie way to make sure Mum enjoyed her day. You more than went the extra mile, and I am so grateful. Thanks for making my mother's day so special.

Date of visit: March 2018
1  Thank SOH2012
Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

Returned after many years for a family celebration. One of our party is in an automatic wheelchair. Large ramp at entrance a definite plus. Couldn't find any wheelchair parking space though, but maybe we missed one in the dark. Staff in the dispense bar friendly and helpful. Bar was cosy and, although small, accommodated the wheelchair with ease. Our table in the restaurant was easily accessible and private.( No tables on top of one another here.) The food was delicious. I can definitely recommend the scallops. The service was excellent and unobtrusive. We all enjoyed our evening immensely. Thanks to all concerned.

Reviewed 27 February 2018 via mobile

Had a lovely experience here. Staff are friendly and food is devine, would definitely recommend, we will be back

Reviewed 26 February 2018

My son and I had read great reviews for this pretty looking restaurant in Moycullen. . We booked and arrived promptly at 6.30. We were led to our table by the manageress who was incredibly stiff and brisk. The place has a dated seventies feel about it but when it rapidly filled with what looked like local folks, our hopes went up.
I ordered grilled oysters and my son ordered parma ham and melon. The oysters were drenched in butter with soggy breadcrumbs.
We waited for 1 hour and twenty minutes for our main course. My son's steak arrived with perfectly shaped frozen onion rings and freezer chips. It was a big disappointment. My dover sole was the size off a small envelope.We decided go to the bar for dessert. My son had a 'bubblegum ice-cream. I had coffee. When the manageress asked us was everything alright I said the onion rings were frozen. "We take great care in preparing our onion rings." and wasn't a bit apologetic. the bill was just under a hundred euros which included 1 glass of wine. The dessert was complimentary. As we left, she nearly threw our coats at us. Oops. Not good at all.

18  Thank Biddym2014