All reviews scrambled eggs with smoked salmon aran isles galway city and salthill helped us plan room was clean close to downtown felt like home a lovely stay perfect location irish breakfast b bs joan hostess ireland prom trad
Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

I spent four glorious nights in Joan's home! It's perfectly located in between Galway and Salthill, which is just what you need to walk off the wonderful Breakfast's. I will surely come back here next time! Cheers!!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Sallylovesdogs
Reviewed 16 September 2017

Periwinkle B&B was an excellent choice for our stay in Galway. Our host was delightful and helpful in every way, giving good advice for both local and ongoing travel plans. Breakfast was gourmet quality. Our room was well prepared with many extra touches. Finally, the location in a quiet residential district close to downtown Galway was perfect.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

What a lovely lady, helped us plan our next trip with tips and everything. Couldn't have landed any better, a perfect host imho. Yes it is a bit further from the city, but is near the shore and in a quiet neighbourhood. If you would want sleep, i would suggest stay here instead of the center.
(It's only a few minutes walking anyway, still opportunity to go out at night if you want)

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 August 2017

Stayed with wife and two friends in two rooms Breakfast was very good. Walk into town centre easy, even though I am slightly disabled. Joan, the host, was excellent. Very friendly and knowledgeable. Lots of advise on things to see and do. One thing spoilt it for me however. Room very small, but made worse by having a 3/4 bed and single bed in it. Not enough room for this combination. Two beds or just a double bed would be better. You can then get a table and chair very comfortable in this room. Guests require a table and chair in a room to use a computer or just to write. I was not able to do this as I had to sit on the bed oif I wanted to do anything. Very uncomfortable.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 August 2017

Periwinkle Bed and Breakfast is close enough to town to walk, but far enough away that you never have to hear the party - also really close to the sea. The owner, Joan, is so lovely and really good about answering questions but giving her guests privacy. The rooms are beautiful and the breakfast is outstanding. I highly recommend staying here!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple