“Awesome tour guide!”
Review of Healy Tours

Healy Tours
Ranked #25 of 73 Tours in Galway
More attraction details
Owner description: Daily Tours to the Cliffs of Moher, Burren, Connemara & Cong regions from Dublin & Galway all year round. Highlights include: 2hour stop at the Cliffs of Moher, Aillwee Caves, Burren Birds of Prey & Doolin. Also Kylemore Abbey & Gardens, Cong village, Quiet Man and more.
Reviewed 28 January 2018

Great trip and good vibes! My sister and I went to the Cliffs of Moher and Burren tour in Januray. Our guide Patrick was funny, interesting and very helpful. He provided a great insight of the Irish way of life in a really natural way.
Starting in Galway. we passed by many little towns. The Cliffs were amazing and we stopped many times along the route for pictures. Stops were short but we appreciated it as it was very cold! I have always been kind of sceptical about guided tours, but this one, totally worth it!
Thank you Patrick!

"day tour"
in 27 reviews
"aillwee caves"
in 8 reviews
"absolutely loved this tour"
"photo stops"
in 170 reviews
"company"
in 42 reviews

Reviewed 19 January 2018 via mobile

I did a tour to the cliffs of Moher that included the Allwee caves, the Burren, and a few other mini-photo stops.

First thing to mention would be the value for money, particularly if you take the earliest bus to take advantage of all the sites the tour has to offer.

Going in winter, the bus itself was a small group, which I always find better. Our bus driver Arnie was socialable and up for a laugh- need a good sense of humour to enjoy his jokey ways. But also gave a good amount of history of our sites (without being dry).

Really appreciated that bus ran on time, so we didn't miss out on any of our sites. I think that comes down to good guide management, and reminding people of the time to return to the bus. Allwee had a waterfall inside their cave which was cool. Dungaire castle looked great at high tide.

You got a discounted ticket into Allwee caves, and a free ticket to the cliffs. Definitely recommend this tour for anyone wanting to explore county Clare (which should be everyone!)

Reviewed 5 January 2018 via mobile

My friends and I were looking to do a tour of the cliffs of moher. We found that this tour was the cheapest deal and was definitely perfect. We went on a tour of the caves, saw some beautiful sights and of course went to the cliffs! We got 2 hours at the cliffs, which was more than enough time. After we went and ate at a traditional Irish restaurant, it was quick and the food was delicious.

As for the staff, they were all so kind and accommodating. The first day we were in galway we planned to do the cliffs of moher but because of a really bad storm causing high winds and flooding they were closed. The manager was very accommodating and told us that the next morning they could pick us up with the shuttle from our hostel and we could see if the cliffs were open for our second day in Galway. There were no strings attached and we were not forced to pay before hand because we were unsure.

Arnie was definitely the best guide I have had on a tour!! He was informative and really engaged in conversation with the passengers on the bus by making jokes and trying to include them in discussions. He was also a great driver. He warned us people can get sick because the roads are narrow and curvy but this is the first time I actually have not felt motion sick on a bus tour. I felt safe with his driving. He is definitely a great tour guide and driver so you will have a great time with him!

I would recommend this tour to everyone I know.

1  Thank Mandab1616
Reviewed 5 January 2018 via mobile

My friends and I were visiting Galway during an unfortunate storm that left some parts of the city flooded. The original day that we wanted to go to the cliffs, we were told that the roads were closed due to flooding and the cliffs were closed due to wind. Luckily we had two days in Galway and were hopeful they would be open the next day. As we didn't have any plans, we opted to do the connemara tour as well. Personally, I found the connemara tour to not be worthwhile and I would not recommend it.

However the next day our tour to the cliffs with Arnie was AMAZING!! He was funny, knowledgeable and made the part of the tour that was in the bus extremely enjoyable. He gave tips and tricks for the best photo and recommendations for where to go on the cliffs. He definitely goes above and beyond to make the tour enjoyable for everyone. If you have the chance to do a Healy tour with Arnie - do it!!!