Open today: 09:00 - 18:00
Review Highlights
Half day tour

We absolutely loved the half day tour. Tommy was a wonderful he had so much knowledge and amazing... read more

Reviewed 18 December 2019
722katerinab
Tallaght, Ireland
Last minute Cliffs tour

On a recommendation of another tour operator, we spoke to Paul , the owner, and he arranged one of... read more

Reviewed 22 August 2019
swanssi
NYC

Recommended experiences in and around Galway
from US$71.55
from US$59.63
from US$53.67
from US$53.67
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 January 2018 via mobile

I did a tour to the cliffs of Moher that included the Allwee caves, the Burren, and a few other mini-photo stops.

First thing to mention would be the value for money, particularly if you take the earliest bus to take advantage of all the sites the tour has to offer.

Going in winter, the bus itself was a small group, which I always find better. Our bus driver Arnie was socialable and up for a laugh- need a good sense of humour to enjoy his jokey ways. But also gave a good amount of history of our sites (without being dry).

Really appreciated that bus ran on time, so we didn't miss out on any of our sites. I think that comes down to good guide management, and reminding people of the time to return to the bus. Allwee had a waterfall inside their cave which was cool. Dungaire castle looked great at high tide.

You got a discounted ticket into Allwee caves, and a free ticket to the cliffs. Definitely recommend this tour for anyone wanting to explore county Clare (which should be everyone!)

Reviewed 5 January 2018 via mobile

My friends and I were looking to do a tour of the cliffs of moher. We found that this tour was the cheapest deal and was definitely perfect. We went on a tour of the caves, saw some beautiful sights and of course went to the cliffs! We got 2 hours at the cliffs, which was more than enough time. After we went and ate at a traditional Irish restaurant, it was quick and the food was delicious.

As for the staff, they were all so kind and accommodating. The first day we were in galway we planned to do the cliffs of moher but because of a really bad storm causing high winds and flooding they were closed. The manager was very accommodating and told us that the next morning they could pick us up with the shuttle from our hostel and we could see if the cliffs were open for our second day in Galway. There were no strings attached and we were not forced to pay before hand because we were unsure.

Arnie was definitely the best guide I have had on a tour!! He was informative and really engaged in conversation with the passengers on the bus by making jokes and trying to include them in discussions. He was also a great driver. He warned us people can get sick because the roads are narrow and curvy but this is the first time I actually have not felt motion sick on a bus tour. I felt safe with his driving. He is definitely a great tour guide and driver so you will have a great time with him!

I would recommend this tour to everyone I know.

1  Thank Mandab1616
Reviewed 5 January 2018 via mobile

My friends and I were visiting Galway during an unfortunate storm that left some parts of the city flooded. The original day that we wanted to go to the cliffs, we were told that the roads were closed due to flooding and the cliffs were closed due to wind. Luckily we had two days in Galway and were hopeful they would be open the next day. As we didn't have any plans, we opted to do the connemara tour as well. Personally, I found the connemara tour to not be worthwhile and I would not recommend it.

However the next day our tour to the cliffs with Arnie was AMAZING!! He was funny, knowledgeable and made the part of the tour that was in the bus extremely enjoyable. He gave tips and tricks for the best photo and recommendations for where to go on the cliffs. He definitely goes above and beyond to make the tour enjoyable for everyone. If you have the chance to do a Healy tour with Arnie - do it!!!

Reviewed 16 December 2017

I booked circa 7.30pm the night before. Paul took the call and immediately offered to pick us up at 11.10am in Salthill, some 10 mins from where the coaches depart. He was waiting for us outside the apartment at 11am.
We were driven for circa 1 hour and joined a tour coach driven be Arnie. A great trip to the Cliffs with Arnie. the walk to the cliffs isn’t too far and the Visitor Centre is (whilst very commercial) is worth a look. Coffee etc all available in the place with a huge array of souvenir’s. Unfortunately for Arnie, we were a very reserved crowd, but he persisted in trying to get us going, very much to his credit. Lunch was in Doolin, a small village along the way...........pub Fitzpatrick;s....great lunch!!
On to the Cliff’s. Very specatacular. Rugged and impressive. The whole trip was very relaxed with Arnie continuing to try and get some conversation going in the bus. A great host. Recommend this carrier to anyone

Date of experience: December 2017
Reviewed 29 November 2017

I booked this tour through my hostel, and a shuttle bus picked me up from there and took me to the coach station in the morning. My tour was a bit unconventional in that I was taken to the Ailwee caves in a separate car with two other visitors. The caves were worth the extra fee (5 Euros), and the Christmas decor added a fun but surreal vibe to the whole experience. On the way, I had a great conversation with our guide, Alfie, who was clearly having a weird day, but kept things under control.

We rendezvoused with the rest of our group in the Dunguaire Castle parking lot after taking some nice, albeit rainy photos of the castle during a short stop, and headed to a lovely pub for lunch before the Cliffs. The pub was cozy and warm, and the food, a carvery, was delicious, if a bit pricey. Definitely plan to pay for lunch if you book this tour, as it's a long day and the food is worth it.

After lunch we headed to the Cliffs of Moher and were given clear instructions about which sides and areas were safer than others. The weather was a bit grim, but the clouds from that morning had cleared out for the most part. Our actual visit to the cliffs was stunning. We were given a full hour and a half to explore, which is perfect considering the Cliffs are freezing cold and were a bit rainy, with heavy winds that could definitely carry an unwary person over the edge. The risk was half the fun, to be honest, and I got some awesome photos. The views are incredible, and are an absolute must if you're in Ireland.

On the way back, we stopped by the Burren for a few minutes, which was a bit like a Dali painting and very cool looking. Our trip back was calm, and the guide gave some additional background information. When we arrived back at the coach station, he offered to take me most of the way back to my hostel (it was on the way for him), which I greatly appreciated, as it was pouring rain by then.

Overall, it was an awesome day out. All of the other tour operators charge at least 10 Euros more for what I imagine is a similar experience, and I'm definitely glad I took this one. Everything went smoothly, and I got to tick a truly beautiful location off my bucket list. Zero complaints.

Date of experience: November 2017