2 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
StayForLong
eDreams
Priceline
FindHotel
Agoda.com
1,654 results
All reviews great location spanish arch hen party car park quay street deluxe room lovely hotel central location galway city staff were so friendly pubs and restaurants full irish breakfast was excellent eyre square ireland receptionist euro
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 January 2022

This hotel is amazing. We stayed there for 2 nights during restrictions. We had to move our date because my son was I'll. No problem at all. Staff were so friendly. They really go out of their way to be helpful and nice. They helped us book a table for dinner at their sister hotel and even sent the booking to my phone. The staff are even super friendly to each other which creates a lovely vibe to stay in.

Lobby and bar are lovely and nice to hang out in.
The location is the best in Galway. The best streets in the city for restaurants, pubs and shopping are literally just outside the door.

Breakfast was amazing. We had Eggs Benedict with pastries. Quality was perfect and again the waitress was lovely and so helpful. The breakfast area has a great vibe too.

We'll definitely come back to this hotel and couldn't recommend it highly enough.

The people would make you want to move to Galway.

Date of stay: January 2022
Reviewed 12 January 2022 via mobile

My boyfriend and I spent 2 nights in the House Hotel in Galway to celebrate New Years. From the moment we checked in and the wonderful welcome at Reception to our departure 48 hours later we had a lovely relaxed time. While there we had afternoon tea which was very nicely presented and totally delicious. Breakfast both mornings was very tasty with plenty of choice. It was evident there were some new members of staff still learning the ropes but to be honest it just added to the charm of the place.
We had drinks in the snug area of the bar on New Year’s Eve and Kellie was just fabulous. The cocktail list is impressive and all the cocktails we tasted were sublime! While Covid restrictions meant we had to leave the bar by 11.30 and ring in the New Year in our room, all the staff went out of their way to create a festive atmosphere. I will definitely be back to the House Hotel.
My only small criticism is that the bedrooms are now a bit tired and could do with some redecorating but that is the only negative I could find on the trip.

Reviewed 10 January 2022

We stayed with The House Hotel over New Years of 2021/22. IT was the best trip I could have hoped for. The team at the House Hotel were so communicative and helpful before we even arrived for our stay. Given the changing restrictions in Ireland during this period we had to deal witha lot of uncertainty and moving schedules. The team at the hotel were so helpful in getting things set up for me. With restaurants closing at 8pm they were able to set me up with reservations in their own hotel restaurant, and even when they had to close one restaurant due to shortages they arranged another lovely meal for us with no issues.
Before arrival I was presented with options to upgrade my stay and opted for a cocktail deal, and an upgraded room. Our room was incredible. So spacious and comfortable and really relaxing. The cocktails were great too, such a nice way to spend the evening when all other locations were closed. All of the staff were so helpful, friendly and attentive. I wish I could thank them all personally for making our stay so nice. Our New Years Eve dinner was lovely, a 4 course meal with a glass of prosecco and a wonderful range of meals to choose from.
I would definitely be returning to The House Hotel and have already recommended it to so many friends and family!
We can't wait to come back!

Reviewed 5 January 2022 via mobile

I stayed at the House Hotel with my 6 year old daughter for a girlie stay in Galway to finish off the Christmas holidays. We were greeted by a lovely receptionist who welcomed us and welcomed my daughter to Galway for her first visit - nice touch! She was thrilled! We were looking for some restaurant recommendations (to suit a 6 year old’s taste) and the receptionist wrote down a couple of suggestions one of which we visited which was wonderful and on point! She also updated our room to a twin instead of the double I had booked as she thought my daughter would prefer her own bed which was spot on and my 6 year old was thrilled. It just demonstrated such consideration for her. Likewise, when we were checking out we were met with a different receptionist who was engaging and so kind to my daughter. Thank you for you kindness and to the House Hotel for hiring such lovely staff!

The room was lovely and just as the picture online which was refreshing as this is not often the case with other hotels. The beds were really comfortable, bathroom very clean and the temperature perfect. The TV had the option to log into Netflix which was great as we have an account and were able to watch a movie.

Breakfast was a little slow but was absolutely fine and we didn’t mind as we were chatting and enjoying being waited on! Again, lovely friendly staff.

Lovely, comfortable staff with wonderful staff. Keep doing what you’re doing!

I would give this hotel 4 1/2 out of 5 but no option to do this!

Date of stay: January 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 5 January 2022

A huge thanks to Maura and her team for providing us with a truly first class experience over the new year period. The hotel, as it’s name suggests, is a comfortable haven in the midst of bustling Galway. We enjoyed every aspect of the stay, in particular the large double bed and blackout curtains which afforded us a great nights sleep. The staff are all so friendly and helpful and the food, in particular the breakfast, is fab. I would definitely recommend this hotel if staying in Galway.