1,284 results
All reviews orla kiely great location hen parties spanish arch car park quay street hen night latin quarter lovely hotel deluxe room reception area central location loved this hotel stayed here for one night bars and restaurants galway city food was lovely
Reviewed 14 August 2017

When you first see the blue and pink couches and chairs, you know this is not going to be another boring hotel! Stayed at The House in late July and loved the 70's retro decor! In the historic Latin Quarter and a block away from the main street with shopping/pubs/buskers/restaurants and other interesting people and places to see. The House is near the all the excitement but far enough way that you can get a quiet night's sleep. Comfy bed, nice restaurant and pub, and professional staff. A fresh and fun place to stay.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms away from the pub area
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mary Ann K
galwayguests, Manager at The House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2017

Dear Mary Ann K

Thank you for taking the time to review The House Hotel and for your kind comments.
I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you enjoyed the location and design of the hotel!

Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

Just stayed here recently with a group of friends for a Gen and it was amazing! All members working at reception were so pleasant and friendly and helpful.

Rooms were lovely and decor in general throughout the Hotel was Fabulous!! The only fault with my bedroom was that we could not open our windows. We did ask about it and we were told that someone would get back to us, however, they never did! But it was no big deal.

I can not commend all staff members enough within the Hotel with an exception to two. Both I only saw at breakfast time in the morning and came across as so unpleasant. One was a girl waiter who took our order and another was a man behind the bar with light hair and glasses who huffed and puffed when I asked for a pint glass of water with ice. I was told there was already water on a table that contained strawberries and maybe mint. I proceeded to tell him I just wanted plain water with ice and he eventually granted my request while rolling his eyes and shaking his head.
Apart from these two encounters the rest of the waiters and bar staff went above and beyond to ensure our time in the Hotel was nothing but the best. I could not speak of them highly enough. All had a great sense of humour and were all so friendly.

We ate in the restaurant on the second night of our stay and the food was fabulous. The menu in general all looked delicious and I'm disappointed I never got to try more. We also had Afternoon Tea on our arrival which was fantastic and so picturesque. The house hotel is a beautiful place to stay and would recommend it to anyone.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ciara M
Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

Landed welcomed by a man called Matt I think really nice and helpful. Room was lovely. Went to the bar for dinner had a full house chicken salad 5 stars really nice. When I come back to galway for a weekend here is where I will be staying. 15 min walk to salt hill 5 min walk to air square and all the bars are in that 5 min walk. Thank you for your friendly staff really nice stay

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business

Dear barry5820

I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and particularly that you found Matt so helpful and accommodating, he is certainly a great asset to the team!

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

I dropped into the House Hotel for lunch as I liked the look of the menu board on the street. The exterior of the hotel looked and grey and generic, so I was happily surprised when I walked into the foyer and was greeted by a beautiful, yet quirky interior. Not your typical interior. And the food was lovely. A generous portion and very tasty. Next time I visit Galway I will definitely stay here.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo

Dear Americk
I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your meal with us and I hope that we can look forward to welcoming you back to our House again in the near future!

Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

What a surprise!!! This place was great. It had a great boutiquy feel with the luxuries of a big hotel. The bar area was alive and well, especially on the weekend. The staff were friendly and the location was great...right in the heart of Galway City. A true gem!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JahLive22

Dear JahLive22
I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope that we can look forward to welcoming you back to our House again in the near future!