All reviews bed and breakfast breakfasts were great brown bread b and b scones short walk her husband enjoyable stay stayed for two nights city centre anna promenade salthill beds hosts ireland monaghan
Reviewed 13 May 2017

Don't usually take time to write reviews, but I was blown aways by this charming bed and breakfast. Right on the beach, and a short walk from Salt Hill Promenade and the Galway pubs and downtown, this little family run B and B was charming, clean, and very relaxing. The proprietor Anna, made me feel like I was in the home of my own mother, with great food, advice on fun activities around Galway, and a truly giving nature. I stayed there alone, but Im sure it would be a great place for a romantic getaway, or a family trip, as it is right across from one Irelands most lovely beaches. The included breakfast, of your choosing was generous, with high quality breads, fruit, and meat. Also if your an animal lover, you might get a chance to glimpse Anna's two lovely, quiet, chihuahuas... Good vibes, sandy beaches, and real family charm, I would recommend this as an ideal place to stay in Galway/Salt Hill. :) :)

Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 3 January 2017

“Anna and Steven were the quintessential hosts of their exceptionally beautiful, clean, neat, and truly the best accommodations we have experienced in Ireland so far. (Not to mention most reasonably priced.)

Many little details were not forgotten, on us: the panoramic view...overlooking the golf course overlooking the water; The food, the amazing Irish Breakfast could not have been improved on. The kindness of Anna and Steven will be remembered for some time.

Cheers to all who stay at the Claremount House B&B!

PS-the meal in the picture I took is already partially eaten, it has several delights sure to warm your spirit. (Fresh blueberries, strawberries, kiwis, tangerines, bananas, cereals, exquisite teas, and more. Not to forget the freshly baked pastries.”

Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 11 December 2016 via mobile

Excellent value for money, wonderful warm welcome from steven and anna. Room was spotless with a very very comfy bed. Plenty of hot water and clean towels . breakfast was very tasty with lots of local produce. Great variety . will definitely be back.

Date of stay: December 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 October 2016

My wife and I stayed at Claremount House in October. Great location and wonderful hosts in Anna and Steven. Probably most comfortable bed we had during our trip to Ireland. Anna and Steven were very helpful as to suggestions on places we should visit and restaurants. Great breakfast with a lot of choices. Anna even gave my wife her receipe for her delicious brown bed. Would not hesitate to stay at Claremount again if back in Galway and will certainly recommend it to anyone who plans on visiting the area.

Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 October 2016

My wife and I stayed here for two nights in October. Anna was a wonderful host, very accommodating to our needs. Wonderful breakfast, beautiful view of Galway harbor, easy access to a walking/running path along the harbor, and the most comfortable bed on our entire two-week trip. Excellent.

Date of stay: October 2016