“B&B gem with magnificent Galway Bay views!”
Review of Claremount House

Claremount House
Ranked #39 of 188 Galway B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 June 2016

Anna took fantastic care of us from the moment we arrived and made us feel very welcome. Our room was very quiet and at the rear of the property. Top tip - we would recommend staying to the rear of any B&B/hotel in this area if you want peacefulness as the traffic along the Salthill prom and main Knocknacarra/Barna road can be very busy . Fantastic Irish breakfast with everything sourced from a local butcher. The Galway Bay views are brilliant from the dining room.
We will definately be back - Thanks Anna!

Room Tip: Rooms to the rear are quieter...views are brilliant from the front.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Claremount House

Reviewed 27 May 2016

Most comfortable bed I've ever slept in! Breakfasts were extremely tasty,plenty of choice, fresh fruit, homemade bread and tea or coffee with flavour. Outstanding hostess in every way. Don't miss staying here.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 May 2016

We stayed at the Claremount House (married couple 30+) as we had a wedding in the Galway Bay Hotel - The B&B was located about a 10 minute walk from the hotel and about a 3 minute drive or so.
The views from the breakfast room were off the Sea front (promenade) and were amazing (we could sit & look at that view all day). Anne & Stephen were very friendly and couldn't do enough for us - we had a choice of a cooked breakfast and there was fresh fruit salad/cereal each morning and lovely scones/croissants also. Our room was lovely, the shower was amazing! a power shower - great to blow away the cobwebs! and there was an added extra of a little chocolate treat on our pillow when we arrived! There is also car parking and it is right across the rd from the lovely promenade walk to Salthill. We would definitely recommend and having stayed here before (8 yrs previously) we found the location perfect and all the added extras would bring us back :) Thanks Anne & Stephen

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 May 2016

We did not plan on Galway so we had not arranged for a place to stay. I read good reviews about Claremount and Anna, so we took a chance. This is in Salthill, outside Galway. They advertise about being next to a golf course but the real bonus was being next to Galway Bay. We arrived at 11 AM and of course we were unexpected. We were greeted warmly by Anna who said that she had one room left. She let us in and gave us coffee and scones while she got our room ready. The room was clean and well appointed. the view was not the best but this was her last room. the beds were the most comfortable that we slept in the whole trip. I liked being just outside the city with a bus to take us in and back. The meant we did not have to drive in the city. If we return to this area we will stay here.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the bay
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 May 2016

I am still dreaming about that bed. OMG. If I could say anything bad about the b&b, the beds were so comfortable -- I never wanted to leave! haha.

All I want to do is go back there. Right now.

Anne, I meant to thank you before I left - but THANK YOU for drying my clothes for me! (I washed my clothes in the sink and they weren't drying very well in my room. So Anne clearly let them dry on the line outside. Then they smelled fresh Irish spring air!)

Sigh. Anne -- thank you for your amazing life advice and for making me feel so loved and welcome. Your husband compliments you well too! Props to both of you for making me an amazing breakfast. I have never been treated so well in a place I've stayed.

Have already recommended your place to my friends. Can't wait to come back and just spend my entire time at Claremont!

xoxo
Leah

Room Tip: Get the room with the sea view -- its gorgeous!
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo