“Great location and wonderful host.”
Review of Claremount House

and 1 more site!
Claremount House
Ranked #37 of 188 Galway B&B and Inns
Reviewed 21 May 2016

We did not plan on Galway so we had not arranged for a place to stay. I read good reviews about Claremount and Anna, so we took a chance. This is in Salthill, outside Galway. They advertise about being next to a golf course but the real bonus was being next to Galway Bay. We arrived at 11 AM and of course we were unexpected. We were greeted warmly by Anna who said that she had one room left. She let us in and gave us coffee and scones while she got our room ready. The room was clean and well appointed. the view was not the best but this was her last room. the beds were the most comfortable that we slept in the whole trip. I liked being just outside the city with a bus to take us in and back. The meant we did not have to drive in the city. If we return to this area we will stay here.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the bay
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Claremount House

Reviewed 15 May 2016

I am still dreaming about that bed. OMG. If I could say anything bad about the b&b, the beds were so comfortable -- I never wanted to leave! haha.

All I want to do is go back there. Right now.

Anne, I meant to thank you before I left - but THANK YOU for drying my clothes for me! (I washed my clothes in the sink and they weren't drying very well in my room. So Anne clearly let them dry on the line outside. Then they smelled fresh Irish spring air!)

Sigh. Anne -- thank you for your amazing life advice and for making me feel so loved and welcome. Your husband compliments you well too! Props to both of you for making me an amazing breakfast. I have never been treated so well in a place I've stayed.

Have already recommended your place to my friends. Can't wait to come back and just spend my entire time at Claremont!

xoxo
Leah

Room Tip: Get the room with the sea view -- its gorgeous!
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 April 2016 via mobile

We stayed just one night in this B&B, but it was really nice. Anna is a very lovely person, very friendly. Everything is very clean. The room and the bed are very comfortable. And you can eat an excellent breakfast in front of a beautiful view !!

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 March 2016

Anna & Steven were wonderfully helpful throughout our stay in Galway. The B&B is very homey with some of the most fluffy and comfortable beds and robes that you will find in Europe. The food was incredible each morning and we really felt at home in the evening cuddled up on the couch watching TV. Grateful for an awesome stay, highly recommend!

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 March 2016 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights and I have to say it was the most comfortable and relaxing stay in a b&b that I have had experienced. The room was spotless and the bathroom was as well. The shower was most welcome after a long journey. Anna and Steven were our hosts and they were so welcoming and accommodating. Nothing was too much for them. The bed was comfortable that I want to go back straight away. The breakfast was so fresh and hearty that we skipped lunch. Wonderful people and wonderful stay. Definitely recommend this place. No doubt!!

Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple