1,016 results
All reviews eyre square great location car park washer dryer city centre would definitely stay here again breakfast was included full irish breakfast double bed an upgrade family room hotel bar few minutes walk shop street beds were comfortable would highly recommend this hotel latin quarter
Reviewed 14 February 2018 via mobile

We spent 2 nights here as a family.
We had a Full Board deal.
I usually would not eat dinner in our hotel, but this was a great idea here.
The food , in presentation, taste, and value for money was top class.
As we're the lovely guys in the bar section, who served us.
Our rooms were warm, comfortable ., and very quiet.
This Hotel is practically on Eyre square, and I won't ever stay anywhere else in Galway again.
Well done to all.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank ameustaceryan
Reviewed 11 February 2018

Stayed here on a monday night last week. It was really lovely the stay and wished it could have lasted longer. The room was great, clean and warm and also the hotel has its own netflix on the tv which was another pleasant surprise :)
The barman Chris was very friendly and gave me a map of galway to help show me how to get around the city... he definitely added to how nice the hotel and stay was :) the bar was very relaxing and quiet that evening and was a nice chilled out vibe with the chelsea match on the tv there :) great hotel and was right next to eyre square, hopefully some time il get to go there again

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Aisling N
Reviewed 4 February 2018

Excellent location. 5 min walk to Eyre Sq and Latin Quarter, yet slightly away from all that noise. It is on a busy street though so would not call it quite, but was reasonable for city centre location. Receptionist was friendly and helpful. It was great to have a car park. I guess it can be tight but we were lucky and got in and out without problems. I thought breakfast price was way too high, so went outside, but actually ended up paying even more in the cafe on the sq. Room basic but clean and spacey enough. Room heater was electric and it took us some time to figure out how to set it up, but after that it was fine.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank pnck71
Reviewed 29 January 2018 via mobile

From the reviews and pics on TripAdvisor I was looking forward to my stay at this hotel. The parking under the hotel is very tight and everyone gets blocked in. I didn't like feeling that I couldn't leave when I wanted. While I appreciate work has been done in the hotel to refresh an old building, the furnishings of our room were old and cheap. Storage wasn't great in the room. The wardrobe moved if you walked over a certain part of the floor and the walls were paper thin so we felt like we had no privacy or peace. The bathroom was modern and overall the room was clean. I just felt I paid a lot for what it was. I would not recommend.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sandra Y
Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

Quaint family owned hotel in the heart of Galway. We stayed on the 4th floor and had a corner unit so we could see all the way down the street to Eyre square. Room was extremely spacious the largest hotel room I’ve ever had. Had free on site parking which is a huge plus, had a nice warm full Irish breakfast every morning in their on site restaurant also had other options available. WiFi was quick and reliable which is a huge positive for this hotel. A lot of hotels have spotty connections but not The Western. Every receptionist was extremely friendly and the on site bar is a added bonus. Everything you could possibly want to do or see in Galway is within a 10 minute walk so it is in a super convenient location. Perfect for families, couples, and solo travelers.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple