1,027 results
All reviews eyre square great location car park washer dryer irish music city centre would definitely stay here again breakfast was included full irish breakfast double bed family room hotel bar few minutes walk shop street beds were comfortable would highly recommend this hotel visiting galway
Reviewed 4 January 2017

First, I want to recommend this hotel. I really do. It's in a great location and has free parking. Family room with 3 beds worked great for us. Staff were so pleasant and professional especially Clare-Marie, Assistant Manager. The pub provided one of the best meals of our trip and also had a great staff. The room was large and clean. The bathroom facilities were a bit old fashioned but because the location was so great and room was so clean we didn't mind. What I did mind was that the next room kept us awake until 4am with horrible singing. I thought we were perhaps over the pub so I did not complain but I was told that it had in fact been a party in a neighboring room. The porter eventually shut down the party and we were able to sleep. I should have complained earlier. The next night - there was a party for someone and again we were awake until 1 am with the noise. Our room number was 202 so maybe it's just a room in a bad location but I cannot give a higher rating because this was seriously the worst sleep I've ever had in a hotel. However, if you are a deep sleeper and looking for a nice hotel with free parking and near the touristy parts of Galway - I would totally recommend.

Room Tip: Avoid room 202.
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Cbbi
Reviewed 4 January 2017

Stayed here for one night in December while on business and have to say that the room was great value for money- had everything I needed. On top of that the service was excellent- the staff were happy to hold my luggage for the day free of charge after I had checked out. Wifi a little choppy at times but overall a very pleasant stay and would definitely consider a return visit.

Stayed: December 2016
Reviewed 1 January 2017

Stayed here with my wife for 3 nights after Xmas. We have been to Galway numerous times, but this was our first time at The Western (I hope it will not be the last).
The location is excellent, with the added bonus of their own on-site parking, which seems at first to be a bit small. However the Porters do an excellent job of moving everyone about so that access is always possible.
Any food we had, at breakfast and in the evening was excellent.....Try the Seafood Chowder...... Also, reasonable bar prices and 10% discount for residents on evening meals on the main menu.
Room was comfortable with the usual facilities and staff very helpful.
All in All, we were well pleased

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 December 2016 via mobile

We stayed in a two-bedroomed suite at the back of the hotel. It was more like an apartment, with a kitchen, living room, one bathroom and tv in every room. Plenty of space for a family. The location couldn't be better, only a 5-minute walk from Eyre Square.
We had one meal in the restaurant and it was delicious and very reasonably priced. The staff are friendly, helpful and professional. We had a lovely, relaxing stay and will be back here again!

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 December 2016

We picked the hotel for the location and the price, and we were not disappointed. The hotel was just a few minutes walk from Eyre Square/Shop Street. And the hotel also offers a nice buffet style breakfast for a reasonable price.

The rooms were a good size, not fancy or anything. Our bathroom was spacious and seemed recently renovated. The room was quiet.

The underground garage was also convenient and free.

The staff was friendly, and was also helpful to my sister trying to coordinate with the airlines on the delivery of her lost luggage.

We would stay here again!

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family