Open today: 10:30 - 02:00
Review Highlights
Enjoyable and Relaxing Pub

On a recent visit to Galway we really enjoyed a relaxing afternoon and were served excellent pints... read more

Reviewed 2 March 2022
tinseltoes
Dublin, Ireland
Great craic for a midweek pint or 7

Had a stay in Jurys last night and decided go for a quiet pint before retiring to my bed. I walked... read more

Reviewed 11 March 2022
LaSheaInc
Clifden, Ireland

Recommended experiences in and around Galway
from US$48.09
from US$64.12
from US$72.66
from US$48.09
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 August 2020

I was just thinking about this place... I was there just over a year ago (I said September but it was actually July) with a mate when we did a little motorbike tour. We popped in for a pint after we'd had dinner... what a great atmosphere. Such a fun, happy place - music, dancing and generally good spirits. It made a real impression on me in what was my first visit to the Republic of Ireland, and in a way highlighted a couple of very nice things about Ireland - an appreciation of live music and a desire to get together and have a nice time. I hope The Quays has got through Covid-19 / lockdown etc OK.

Date of experience: September 2019
1  Thank nickpaul72
Reviewed 16 August 2020

Upon entering we were given a menu stating the vast array of four meals that they had to offer. Selecting what we thought would be a lovely pasta and noodle dish, we were given a pre-prepared, sloppy, cold inedible meal in a box. That’s fine, pub food isn’t great sometimes, but at 25€ for something that couldn’t cost more than 5€ It’s a joke. The menu never said any of this and I felt taken advantage of and frankly lied to. The staff are also largely incompetent and seem unable to do their job. DO NOT EAT HERE

Date of experience: August 2020
2  Thank Joeyos1
Reviewed 14 June 2020 via mobile

We were lucky expats living in Galway for 2 years. The Quays was one of our favorite spots to grab a pint & hear great bands. We miss it & hope to return soon! We miss the wonderful people, food & music of Galway.

Date of experience: March 2020
2  Thank SportsMom_11
Reviewed 4 March 2020

Located over several levels with live rock music nightly, this is one liviely bar. Friednly bartenders and servers, great drink selection and great music from local bands.
We were treated to free shots by freindly locals. A must visit in Galway. Open till very late.

Date of experience: December 2019
2  Thank SamS967
Reviewed 6 February 2020 via mobile

Cool pub! Love how it looked like a church inside but yet had a stage with a rockin band!! Gave you heaps of seating or standing selections. Drinks are decent, nothing fancy. Just lots of good craic! Good for late night as they also have a nightclub after hours

Date of experience: February 2020