Open today: 10:30 - 02:00
Review Highlights
Enjoyable and Relaxing Pub

On a recent visit to Galway we really enjoyed a relaxing afternoon and were served excellent pints... read more

Reviewed 2 March 2022
tinseltoes
Dublin, Ireland
Great atmosphere

Lovely place to stay and visit during lockdown. Covid restrictions are well managed. There's an... read more

Reviewed 31 August 2020
lillybelf
Belfast, United Kingdom
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Galway
from US$48.09
from US$64.12
from US$72.66
from US$48.09
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 31 July 2019

Fantastic service and atmosphere! The restaurant upstairs has the best food that we found in the city.

1  Thank DFresh31
Reviewed 28 July 2019 via mobile

Was there this evening and my friend asked for the salmon, but asked for it without any sauce or salad (die to dietary requirements and we didn't request any substitutions). Just plain salmon with chips. The waitress returned and said, very unenthusiastically and whilst rolling her eyes, that "the chef said he can't do that. It comes how it comes". It was unusually quiet in there and now I can see why.

2  Thank jameskil2019
Reviewed 27 July 2019

My family of 4 adults had our best time in Ireland at Quays. We ate downstairs which was good food but nthing special. Our waitress was a beautiful Galway Girl who was really friendly.

But the fun started upstairs with the live music and Bar scene. Music was fantastic adn the scene was pumping with a good mix of people. We ended up meeting a Mom and Daughter from Canada (wife exchanged facebook) and then two 28 year old girls from Oregon who were a blast with a touch of over the top :) Really a fun night that we stayed at too long. Had to get up at 6 am for drive back to Dublin and flight!

When I go back to Ireland, Galway and Quays will be top of my list.

Reviewed 21 July 2019 via mobile

The food was quite pricey but the menu looked good so we stopped there for lunch. I was really looking forward to a bowl of chowder but what I got was really disappointing. No chunks of fish, it seemed to be blended and it was mushy and bland. My husband ordered chicken curry, it was also bland and had more parsnip in it than chicken. Parsnip in a curry!! Why?
My beef and Guinness stew was tough and lacked flavour. It was served with hard lumpy mash. I got the impression that the main aim of this restaurant is to rip off tourists. I visit Galway regularly but we wont be back.

1  Thank London_irl82
Reviewed 5 July 2019

We visited the Quays while visiting Galway. It is a terrific place for live music. Dave the bartender may be the nicest person in Ireland which is quite a feat considering everyone in Ireland is so nice. He also helped me with my golf game which was greatly appreciated. We didn’t eat there but the interior is really nice. Highly recommend for great music and super friendly and helpful staff.

Date of experience: June 2019