4 people are viewing this hotel
Hotels.comUS$195
travelup.comUS$202
HurbUS$237
3,917 results
All reviews prom restaurant sea view leisure centre lovely hotel galway bay bar food salt hill would highly recommend this hotel bus stop top class both nights hotel bar enjoyable stay family room food was lovely a lovely stay wedding
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 October 2022 via mobile

We decided to stay here for our anniversary with a package deal including dinner and breakfast. The hotel was fabulous and the room was gorgeous. However the the food in the restaurant was very poor. We both ordered steaks mine I could not even have eat as it was very fatty. The manager then asked if I wanted something else to which I replied no but then changed my mind to order and had another look at the menu but sat on for ages with no one coming to take my order. My husband at this stage was finished his meal I then complained although the restaurant manager was very pleasant I was not going to eat on my own we went out to have a anniversary meal together not to look at the other person eat . So I left starving and had to get take away down the town. The breakfast wasn't much better even though we were down early at 9 for it . The self service counter with the hot food was very badly stocked up and the food that was in it looked liked it was there for hours so we both just had tea and toast. With such a beautiful hotel you food really let's you down

2  Thank Ailbhe M
Guest Relations Team, Other at Salthill Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2022

Dear Aibhe M,
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. Our sincere apologies your experience was below what you should expect. We usually receive positive comments for our food and especially our Breakfast. We will certainly learn from this and take action accordingly.
Our apologies once again and I hope to have the opportunity to meet with you in the near future.

Reviewed 22 October 2022

We stayed here with a CIE tour. Hotel is modern but was undesirable for us for two reasons: 1) The room we had was normal length but was so narrow that we could not pass each other in the room (some others in our group had a normal sized room) and 2) the hotel is no where near central Galway. We were stuck there unless we wanted to take a taxi. There were some restaurants in Salt Hill but they were a 15 minute walk away. We wouldn't stay there again unless we had a car.

Room tip: Ask for a normal sized room that has an ocean view. Room sizes vary greatly.
1  Thank JIMCHI

Dear JIMCHI,
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review and giving us 3 stars. I am delighted that you were happy with our Service in our Hotel. Yes I do take your point some rooms are bigger than others, if you made us aware of this we could of moved you to a more suitable room for you. Regarding our location yes it is approx 2 kilometers outside the city centre. Any Hotel within 3 kilometers is generally classed as a city Hotel. There are an abundance of Restaurants in Salthill within only a few minutes walk all depending on mobility of course.
Again thank you for your comments and hopefully we will see you again in The Salthill Hotel in the not so distant future albeit with a car.

Reviewed 18 October 2022 via mobile

The hotel has a great location overlooking Galway bay and the coast of Clare in the distance. After checking in,we had difficulty with the keys, they did not work. It took two more visits to reception to resolve the issue.
Staff were pleasant but seemed inexperienced. There are two pools and the usual spa facilities. Breakfast was good

Room tip: Ask for a sea view room
Date of stay: September 2022

Dear bomaolciarain,
Many thanks for taking the time to write this review. We are indeed blessed with a wonderful location! I do apologise about the keys not working which is strange and I will be sure to investigate it. We will action more training & communication within our team immediately based upon your feedback to improve our service.
Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back to Salthill Hotel in the future where Service will be 5 Stars!

Reviewed 8 October 2022 via mobile

Firstly the service provided here was way below average.
I understand hotels are short staffed but nobody here seems to know what they are Doing.
The food here is terrible .
I travel a lot around Ireland from hotel to hotel and for what is been charged for accommodation cost is outrageous.
To top all of I just witnessed a barman pour the remains of white wine glasses back into a bottle and into a fridge for the next customer .
Looking at the past reviews about this place of stay it seems there is a lot more than average reviews.
Overall the service here is terrible and looking at reviews!!!
The managers response is very smart remarkable.
Hotel is making a lot of money so stop cutting corners and supply a good service

Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Petermal1010
Reviewed 7 October 2022 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel 2 nights. Nicely situated in salthill overlooking the bay.
Bedroom was spacious and comfortable.
A bit disappointed with the bar food menu
Could have better choices.
Staff very helpful and friendly

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Guest Relations Team, Other at Salthill Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2022

Dear marymT5332BS,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay, and thank you for your lovely comments about our staff. However I am disappointed that you did not enjoy our Bar Food Menu, we are in the process of doing new Menus and should be out in the coming months. Again thank you for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you back in Salthill Hotel in the not so distant future.
Deputy General Manager