3,157 results
All reviews prom restaurant sea view great hotel leisure centre galway bay bar food wedding party wedding reception salt hill would highly recommend this hotel both nights bus stop lovely room hotel bar family room top class food was lovely
Reviewed 22 January 2014

We arrived for light lunch last Monday January 20th at 2.15pm. The bar was quiet with around 8 tables occupied. There was 2 trays from the bar on one of the seats we went to sit down on. We waited over 15 minutes for our order to be taken, even after asking one of the staff to take our order, which she replied, I will be with you in a minute. After ordering the food it took another 45 minutes to arrive (soup, Caesar salad and toasted sandwich) and when it did it was only luke warm. A lady sitting near us who had also ordered a sandwich came over to us to ask was our food ok, as her sandwich was also only luke warm. She said she regularly eats there but standard has gone down considerably. Eventually manager came over to apologise, but that was all. It might have been an idea to say, we will not charge you for the food that was poor.

I have stayed in hotel on many occasions and I would note that a number of staff at reception and in the bar need to prioritise customer relations, and realise that the guests pay their salaries. Without guests there would be no hotel. I will not be staying or dining at this hotel again, mainly because of service and lack of concern when also staying during Galway races in 2013. There was constant noise and loud music coming from the bar till 2am most days. We tried to order food one evening at 9.15 and told kitchen was closed. Staff just said sorry it's not our problem, because it's race week. While many good reviews have been written and rooms with sea view are pleasant and spacious, could I offer a suggestion that staff frequently reminded and trained in good customer relations. Thank you for reading this.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Bp M
Fkillilea, General Manager at Salthill Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Dear Bp M,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Salthill hotel.

I am bitterly disappointed to read your recent review and want to start by apologising for failing to deliver the high standards of service we set for ourselves and clearly failing to meet your expectations.

I hope you will accept my personal assurance that your experience is not indicative of the high service levels we strive to and do achieve so consistently (as can be attested from the many positive comments we receive) and I can assure you that we will use your feedback to close these gaps in our service as a matter of the utmost priority.

Unfortunately, I cannot comment regarding your stay at the Galway Races as I was not part of the Management Team at the time, however, I would appreciate it if you could contact me directly as I would love to meet with you in person to discuss the issues as I know we can and will meet and exceed your future expectations and just hope you give us the opportunity to do so.

Reviewed 20 January 2014

My wife and i just stayed here for New Years and had a ball we will be back soon! Staff are excellent they could not have done more. and hotel itself is stunning, food was great and booking service very efficient,

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Eoin C,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at Salthill hotel. I am delighted that you had an unforgettable stay with us and that our staff was very accommodating to your needs.
The Team here at Salthill endeavour to provide each of our guests with a wonderful stay and I am really delighted that you had such a good time. The will be thrilled to read your review and thank you for all your kind words.

We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 19 January 2014

Booked the hotel through hotel.com and stayed for one night on Friday 17 January. Cost was €71. We availed of the underground car-park which is handy for avoiding the rainy Galway weather. Check in was efficient and quick. Our request for a quiet spacious room was honoured. The hotel is large and rambling but at that price we weren't complaining. Breakfast offered a good variety. The only complaint I would have are those awful "snake-like hose" hairdryers, They are useless. We ate in the bar when we arrived, It was not very adventurous, the usual burger and chips, lasagne, seafood pie, steak and chips. Could have offered up more fresh ingredients. Overall though we were really impressed

Room Tip: Room 320 has a sea and car-park view
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear happy186605,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at Salthill hotel. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay.
I am currently reviewing the bar food menu and the new menu will be in situ over the coming weeks.
We are also updating many of our rooms and the hairdryers are on the list.

Thank you again for your review and i look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Best Regards

Reviewed 15 January 2014

We attended my sons wedding at this hotel in late december and enjoyed the whole atmosphere of the hotel immensely. From the first moment we arrived in the hotel we were made to feel very welcome. The wedding room and meal were excellent. Some of our guests had problems with bedroom noise but this was dealt with promptly and efficiently by the staff. We found the banquet manager very helpful and corteous to all our guests and would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to other people planning a wedding or family celebration. This was in fact our second visit to this hotel for similar family occasion.,

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Macker36

Dear Macker36,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your son's wedding at the Salthill Hotel and thank you for a wonderful review.
It was such a pleasure to read that you had a fabulous time and that the service and atmosphere was excellent.
To know that our team made you feel truly special is indeed wonderful.
We know how important these moments are for our guests and will always do our very best to make these occasions and celebrations as memorable and special as possible. I am also thrilled that the staff were so practive in dealing with the noise issue to some of your guests bedrooms.

We hope that you can visit us again soon and thank you for your review.

Reviewed 14 January 2014

Back again to this oasis in Galway. Great value offer, we could not turn down. Usual warm welcome from Hazel in Reception. Room had no view this time but we were tired so settled in. Very comfortable. Breakfast was very good. Staff remembered us and this friendly tone continued into the dinning room where our delightful waitress Iwana from Poland and chef Paddy from Kilkenny were very chatty. People make a place!! Dinner was great value and very tasty. Even my "bug bear" of the price of the "lowly" pint could not be faulted in this hotel - Dublin hotels take note!
looking forward to another break in Galway soon.

Room Tip: Make sure your room does not overlook the inner "garden"
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank RetireeOldcastle
Fkillilea, General Manager at Salthill Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2014

Dear RetireeOldcastle,

Many thanks for taking the time to review the Salthill hotel. It is wonderful that our staff made such a warm impression on you and you are quite correct the people make the place!!

I have shared your kind words to Hazel, Paddy and Ivona, they were thrilled.

Thank you again and I hope it is not too long before we have the privilege of welcoming you back again.