5 people are viewing this hotel
Hotels.comUS$204
PricelineUS$229
HurbUS$238
3,866 results
All reviews cupcakes thermal suite luxury room pink room double shower turn down service lounge area amazing hotel valet parking from start to finish top class car park city centre both mornings following morning eyre square loungers
Selected filters
Reviewed 31 October 2022

We had a very nice time with my husband in this hotel, the service and staff of the hotel is at a high level, generously Mrs. Karolina from the reception, who took care of our comfort. Great interior design of the hotel and the food was amazing. I highly recommend the g hotel in Galway.

Reviewed 30 October 2022

Disappointing stay. This used to be a fabulous hotel and we’ve stayed before & loved it. This time a different story sadly. From very old ripped dressing gowns, old musty tired bathroom the room was not the standard you’d expect from a 5 star hotel. The spa treatment was amazing but the thermal facilities are more than half not working properly so you couldn’t get the full use along with it looking kinda dingy. Revamp works happening as I understand next week but in which case guests should not be being charged full price as the facilities simply are not being provided. Our dinner this evening was a total let down, and the food last night no better. It’s like the kitchen just throw out anything, leave half the dish out, let you wait an extraordinary amount of time for it and you’re just looking at what’s served thinking that’s not what the menu said! The staff are mostly fantastic but overall I’d say this is definitely NOT a 5 star hotel, it’s tired and worn down and massively overpriced for what they are currently offering.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 October 2022 via mobile

We booked a night away in the G hotel and we had high hopes given it’s reputation. Unfortunately, we were left disappointed. We felt the we didn’t get value for money.

The hotel lounge areas were lovely, especially where the grand piano is with a view of the bay. Unfortunately all of the lounge areas require a booking so you can’t just arrive and sit down as you please.

The staff were lovely to us, they upgraded us free of charge which was a nice touch.

The room itself was very nice, the bed was comfy and the bathroom had a walk in shower and a bath.

We were very disappointed with the spa - there’s only 6 heated stone beds around the thermal suite so difficult to relax as many were taken. Facilities were also fairly basic compared to other spas I’ve been to. We had mixed feelings about our treatments, one was great and the other was poor. The relaxation room was lovely though and a nice mix of refreshments.

Personally one of my favourite parts about staying in a hotel is buffet breakfast. I was a bit taken aback at the lack of a buffet. The breakfast was nice as they offer pancakes, Eggs Benedict etc. The toast was cold and the pastries weren’t fresh.

They also offer a complimentary car into the city but we only found out about this after we needed it. I went to the front desk to ask them to book me a taxi into Galway city and not a mention of this service.

Overall - I felt the stay was average. I would rate it as a 4 star and I didn’t feel like we got a 5 star experience.

Room tip: Pre-book everything.
Reviewed 20 October 2022

My wife and I recently spent 4 nights at the Hotel G in Galway. It was one of the best hotel experiences we've ever had in our travels. The decor of the hotel is colorful and interesting, the sleeping rooms spacious and well furnished, and the staff very service oriented.

Date of stay: October 2022
the g Hotel, Agency / Consultant at The g Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2022

Dear Miller M,
Thank you both for joining us on your recent visit to Galway
We are delighted you had a pleasant stay with us, we look forward to teh next one.
Best regards,
Martin Howley
Hotel Manager
mhowley@theghotel.ie

Reviewed 16 October 2022 via mobile

Stopped in today on a wet windy Sunday to have a relaxing drink and while the time away, managed to order a local beer and a glass of wine after a few minutes waite in an empty bar,the waitress did not bother to deliver so after a ten minute wait we collected them ourselves, there was nothing cosy about the room and the doors facing the sea kept opening letting the winter gale in, the barman eventually managed to temporarily secure it closed. For this poor service, a cold room, we paid 19 euros for our two drinks, i would not have mind paying if we got a 5 star service, all was lacking and cold both room and staff

1  Thank 823br_df

Dear 823br_df,
Thank you for your review of your recent visit.
The experience you have outlined is disappointing, it highlights an area we keenly need to focus and will do so.
Please reach out to me if you are joining us again any time soon.
Best regards,