3,011 results
All reviews cupcakes thermal suite philip treacy luxury room retail park cup cakes pink room on arrival double shower turn down service eggs benedict amazing hotel lounge area top class public areas from start to finish car park
Reviewed 17 October 2015 via mobile

Positives: Ridiculously comfortable bed, nice decor

Negatives: Everything else. No idea why it's so expensive. Food was tasty but left us all starving,tiny pieces of food on a huge otherwise empty white plate. Waitor was brutal,I'm still waiting on that wine.

Room was nice but there was no hot water in the shower.

Amazingly,there is no swimming pool.on check in we were not told anything about the spa/pool facilities. We headed up to the spa to be told that it's 10 extra each to enter but they're booked out until 9am on the next morning (sunday) very frustrating on a 1 night break!

On top of that the hotel is a 25 minute walk or 12 euro taxi from the city centre.

If you're going to galway there are much better hotels for better value right in the city centre.dont waste time and money here

Stayed: October 2015, travelled with friends
5  Thank Gary O O
Reviewed 15 October 2015

Great room, food and service. Bars and restaurants excellent and all in all a nice hotel but it just didn't do it for me. I think the setting lets it down as the hotel is lumped in beside a garden centre cinemas etc. I wouldn't rush back but my wife would so maybe it's all down to personal choice.

Room Tip: Rooms to the front of the hotel have a decent view over the bay.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 October 2015

Had no problem parking and staff were courteous and friendly.
The main lobby area feels like you have to pay to be there during the day with the latest trend being "afternoon tea" consuming the full lobby. Granted it is a business and they need other means of revenue but it would be nice if hotel occupants could sit in a lobby area without feeling they are intruding on a reserved area.

Breakfast was quite poor, like another reviewer stated on this weekend.
We came down at 10.30, were not advised that there were not tables until after a few min wait. Then when we had a table, we were back at our table by the time toast came. Also, there was very little food in the buffet by the time we got seat and went to get food. you would expect a 5 star hotel would be able to rustle up some extra sausages and eggs.

Room overall was very nice, comfortable and warm. The air con is unadjustable and the shower screen was faulty and allowed the bathroom to flood after a short shower.

While it was nice to stay in the G, i dont believe i would return as it doesnt represent value in comparison to other hotels i the Galway city area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room closer to the elavator as there is a long walk to your room if housed at the other end of the hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Niall H
Reviewed 14 October 2015

stayed here last weekend with 7of my family. Reception painted black very gloomy. Ladies on reception checked us in very quickly. Got of lift to a very dark hallway the lighting all on floor level no over head lights at all. The room was nice and the beds very comfy. The shower was fab plenty of water pressure there was 3 boxes of shower caps but no caps in any of the boxes. I was in next door in my sisters room they had toothbrush holders we didn't. They got g hotel bar of chocolate we didn't they had ice bucket we did not but we all paid the same money. they were 3 in our room I had to ask for more toilet roll. A bit more attention needed fo housekeeping. Oh next door had a lamp on greasing table we didn't lighting very bad for putting makeup on. Now to breakfast I know we pushed it on sat mor dawn at 10.30 but wasn't finished till 11 but no rashers,sausage sect had to ask plus other things. Sunday morning 2uf us went down at 9 had a fry cold my sister sent hers back to be put into microwave. Not good enough for a five star hotel. There was other bits too put I think I've said enought. Except we all had a great weekend in Galway. Ps I have to say all the staff I met were very nice and courteous

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Eileen S
Reviewed 13 October 2015

Recommended by our daughter ( she has good taste !)
What can I say? Amazing, fantastic, etc,etc.....
So how to break it down,
First impressions as sat nav brought us in by the underground car park "oh dear". When the doors opened what a view past one of the signature lounges outside toward the lough. OH Yes.
Friendly efficient check-in.One of staff showed us the main areas and explained the security measures for the lift.
Room was beautifully presented, large clean comfortable bed and lounge area. Nice coffee machine.Large bathroom double walk in shower, free standing bath .
Breakfast was very good. Nice selection of buffet and for order hot stuff. Tried them all over our stay and all were excellent. All staff were friendly and efficient at all times.
Had a few lovely cocktails and a nice lunch just before leaving.
Didn't have time for the Spa and didn't have dinner in the hotel but that will be remedied on out next visit which will be booked soon.
Couldn't recommend this hotel enough but can understand why it might not be to everyones taste especially if they are hoping for a old fashioned nice traditional Irish hotel.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple