2,974 results
All reviewscupcakesthermal suitephilip treacyluxury roomretail parkcup cakespink roomon arrivaldouble showerturn down serviceeggs benedictamazing hotellounge areatop classpublic areascar parkfrom start to finish
Reviewed 7 March 2015

Stayed here last Summer and although it was a while ago now the impression has lasted! It was a birthday present that my fiancée and I will not forget!!! From the moment you walk through the door you are treated like royalty it is the attention to detail that made our stay at the G a cut above any previous 5 star hotel we have stayed in! I honestly don't have a complaint about any part of our stay! from cocktails in one of the many incredible lounges to an amazing meal and on to what can only be described as the most relaxing massage money can buy the g made our stay most memorable!! Heading to Galway tonight with some friends and I know where we will be staying!!! looking forward to another memorable stay!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Go for a package booking!!!!!!!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 March 2015 via mobile

I recently stayed in this hotel for the Second time with my boyfriend and what can I say blown away again. It was a grab one voucher £240 for 2 nights in a luxury room and 2 course dinner. The hotel is incredible from the minute you step in the lift your in another world and our room was just amazing huge bed bath TV. The spa area is 10 euro each to visit well worth it I adore the G and can't wait to return!

Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank zobo1
Reviewed 3 March 2015 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights to celebrate my anniversary. From start to finish that staff were excellent and forgot absolutely nothing. Opted for room service and breakfast in bed which was very speedy and presented really well. Ate in one of the longues the first evening and it was enjoyable. Lovely and relaxing with a great drinks selection. Cannot wait to return!

Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Odhrán G
Reviewed 2 March 2015 via mobile

After hearing rave reviews of the G hotel I decided to book a night for my husbands birthday celebration. I can say with complete satisfaction that the reviews were 100% accurate.
From the first moments of entering the hotel it had a definite wow factor, plush luxurious design & quite unique, not the generic feel you get from most hotels, this was edgy & different in a good way, we were greeted by smiling friendly staff who were happy to help with any of our queries. The room was beautifully decorated & the bed was extremely comfortable & we are very hard to please. We watched the rugby in the comfort of the bar & later had dinner in gigis. The food was excellent & extremely good value, it was a delight to the senses, lighting was perfect also & the acoustics are just right, even though the restaurant was full, it was quiet & calm.
I never sleep properly in hotels & I have travelled the world & stayed in many beautiful places but I slept like a baby in the G. Great sleep, great food & great overall experience. Will definitely return.

• Stayed: February 2015
1  Thank Susan11133
Reviewed 2 March 2015

I stay in Galway often this Hotel would not be my first choice, first of all due to its location - to the rear is Woodies and other shops and to the front is a busy main road and a pub and it is a taxi into town and its price - €180 for one night B&B, which is not far off Celtic tiger prices, I feel other Galway hotels offer much better value. My preconceptions may have been wrong . So as it was five star I was looking forward to the experience and of course you get what you pay for, well at least you hope you do!, I parked underneath the hotel hotel in a car park shared with the surrounding shops. Arrived Friday afternoon and Noel at reception was very friendly & efficient , check in was quick . The reception area is very plush, fantastic decor as one would expect as I believe it was designed by Philip Tracey. The room was certainly not five star . A small bathroom with a bath with a shower in it . The room over looked Woodies, it was nothing special. The breakfast was what you would expect , fruits, pastries, full Irish etc . As I was meeting friends in town I had not spent any time getting a feel for the hotel by having a drink at the bar or a coffee in the lounge area the previous evening . I had planned to sit for an hour after breakfast and read the paper in the lovely lounge area but to my disappointment ALL of the tables were reserved I presume for afternoon tea ( the new money making phenomena in our "5" star hotels ) , nobody told them but it was only 11am!, what about the guests???, so it was back to my little room and check out. I did not dine in the hotel or use the Spa which I have been told is very good so I cannot comment . I recently stayed in another 5 star and I found that stay a little disappointing but compared to the G it was out of this world. My experience of the G - The location and the standard rooms let this hotel down, but it was busy so obviously people think differently

Stayed: February 2015, travelled with friends