“Great B&B in Galway City”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Galway
Petra House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 186 Galway B&B and Inns
Chicago, Illinois
“Great B&B in Galway City”
Reviewed 18 November 2011

Petra House B&B is well worth a stay. My husband and I stayed for two nights at Petra House for our return trip to Ireland to celebrate our one-year wedding anniversary. The hosts are excellent and accommodating, went above and beyond (even went so far as to pack us tea and scones to go when we had to leave early one morning to head to our next destination), breakfasts were outstanding, and the room was pristinely clean and comfortable for a B&B (the bed and bathroom were small for us, as it is a B&B - my husband is well over 6 feet tall and I am 5 feet 7 inches). The Petra House B&B is in a fantastic location, a short walk to Eyre Square and downtown Galway. We highly recommend Petra House if you are choosing a B&B in Galway City.

1 Thank MattandAnj

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Soignies, Belgium
Reviewed 30 October 2011

It is for a good reason that Petra House is already rated the top B&B in Galway. They truly understand the concept of customer service and attention to detail. The house is kept in immaculate condition, as are the rooms and dining area. While the rooms are not large, they offer a cozy sleeping area that is perfect for a couple. The owners are very friendly and helpful, offering good tips and assistance for whatever activities you plan on doing while in Galway. The breakfast is absolutely amazing. This is the first B&B I have been do that offers such a comprehensive breakfast and of such high quality. Both mornings I left fully satisfied. The staff was so observant that the second morning, the breadbasket at my table had scones made without raisins (they must have noticed I avoided the raisins the previous day). This B&B shares the street with a plethora of other B&B's, all of which I am sure are lovely, but I would come back to this one again simply because I cannot imagine the level of service here being surpassed by any other B&B. Simply amazing.

Room Tip: If you're taller than average, avoid the top floor as the eaves cut out some ceiling space.
2 Thank Itislikethat
Soignies, Hainaut, Belgium
Reviewed 29 October 2011

Greeted warmly and offered a lot of information to ensure we enjoyed our stay in Galway. The rooms were very clean and the house was really nice. The bed is comfortable. The breakfast, which is included in the price, was one of the best I've ever had. It is a short walk to the city centre. Free parking. I would highly recommend this B&B.

Reviewed 18 October 2011

My wife and I had recently (9/15 - 9/24) spent eight days travelling around southwestern Ireland and had stayed at four or five B & B's before staying at the Petra House. We had stayed at very nice B&B's but the Petra House was the best! Frank greeted us and was extremely cordial during our entire visit. The house and room were immaculate and the furniture and breakfast china were equal to anyone's holiday best. The breakfasts are indeed very good and filling! The rates were the lowest of all the B & B's we stayed at.Less than 10 minute walk to downtown Galway. I would highly recommend the Petra House. Thank You Frank and Joan!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Fircrest, Washington
Reviewed 13 October 2011

Galway's gem of a B&B is Petra House. Frank and Joan are the most gracious hosts ever. Joan's breakfasts are not to be missed. Frank took his time helping orient us to Galway and provided excellent advice on our travels throughout western Ireland. The price was worth every penny. The rooms were clean beyond belief. We stayed on two occasions and sampled everything they could offer. Petra House is what a B&B is all about. The worst part is you will be so sad leaving.

Room Tip: Don't worry about being on the street side of the house. It's very quiet and the windows ar...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple