Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews eyre square night porter central location christmas market excellent location heart of galway city car park shop street would highly recommend this hotel both nights last weekend bar food noise earplugs receptionist pubs marie
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 January 2022

Refused entry to Skeffs hotel and bar even though I had a non digital proof of recovery. The security guy was so abrupt to me in front of family and friends. I had no problem with entry to Taffes or the King's Head.I actually was admitted earlier in the day to Skeffs and there was no problem. I emailed the hotel twice when I got home regarding what happened. They didn't have the decency to reply. Very surprised as I have stayed in Skeffs many a time over the years with family and friends and have found the staff very helpful and friendly.

Date of stay: October 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Ashling Dudley, General Manager at Skeffington Arms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2022

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor and apologies that your experience with us was so negative. When you have a moment can you contact our Bar Operations Manager, Shane on shane@theskeff.ie with the date and time of your visit as this information will allow him to fully follow-up on this feedback with the team.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 3 January 2022 via mobile

We had a great stay at the Skeffington Arms Hotel. Perfectly central location in the heart of eyre square. Very reasonable rates for our double room. Parking is subsidized, and we didn’t hear any noise late at night. We had an evening meal in the restaurant and there was a great atmosphere there and plenty to choose from on the menu. I would definitely recommend this place and I would stay again.

Date of stay: January 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Ashling Dudley, General Manager at Skeffington Arms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2022

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay in The Skeffington Arms Hotel. I was delighted to read that your time with us was most enjoyable and I will make sure to pass your kind comments on to the whole team. We look forward to welcoming you back for a return visit in the near future.

Reviewed 3 January 2022

Have stayed here before staff are always lovely and so helpful will definitely be back breakfast was fab! Couldn't ask for better with anything! Location is great too and great atmosphere ! Can't wait to stay again

Date of stay: December 2021
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Amanda,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your recent stay in The Skeffington Arms Hotel. I was delighted to read that your New Years Eve break was so enjoyable and that our team looked after you so well. I will make sure to pass your kind comments on to everyone and we look forward to welcoming you back for a return visit in the near futrure.

Reviewed 2 January 2022

Stayed for 2 nights in a Double room and had a lovely time. The hotel is in a perfect location right on Eyre square so very near the shops/restaurants/ pubs and train station. We ate in the bar 1 night and drank there both nights and the food/service was excellent.

Date of stay: December 2021
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Daisy,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor regarding your New Years stay in The Skeffington Arms Hotel. I was delighted to read that your time with us was most enjoyable and that our central location made it so easy for you to explore all the wonderful things our city has to offer. I will make sure to pass your kind comments on to the whole team and we look forward to welcoming you back for a return visit in the near future.

Reviewed 1 January 2022

We booked at the Skeffington Arms hotel hoping for an interesting room and expecting to have to deal with pub noise. Neither was true. The rooms are all small and plain. Although perfectly clean, our first room had a window that faced a wall. We were able to move to a room with a front facing window (The Christmas Market was in full swing over Thanksgiving), but it was still cookie cutter basic. The one advantage to staying at the Skeffington Arms is that we had priority seating for the music through a private entrance. Breakfast was OK, and then the kitchen closed, and we had to eat nearby at a diner with a voucher. Parking is in a nearby garage and subsidized. Travelers going during the holidays need to know that the street in front of the hotel is closed to traffice exept for early morning delivery times.

Date of stay: November 2021
Ashling Dudley, General Manager at Skeffington Arms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2022

Dear RIRedRobin,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor regarding your stay in November in The Skeffington Arms Hotel. Apologies that we were not able to accommodate you for breakfast each morning due to the upgrade works we were carrying out on our kitchen. I was delighted to read that the team were able to organise a room for you which overlooked the wonderful Christmas Market and that you got to enjoy the live music we had playing in our bar. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back for a return visit in the future.

Kind regards,