“Top Shelf bikes and service from these folks”

West Ireland Cycling
More attraction details
Owner description: At West Ireland Cycling we have been organising cycling tours for over 40 years. A third generation family owned cycling business harnessessing local knowledge to provide a unique cycling experience. Based in Galway City, close to the heart of Connemara, the Burren, the Aran Island and the Wild Atlantic Way we are perfectly positioned to offer a wide variety of spectacular cycling holidays in unique unspoilt landscapes. Join us to experience the best of Irish hospitality, meet the locals and explore the stunning natural beauty of Irelands West Coast. Explore our rural country lanes by bike and create memories to last a lifetime with your family and friends.
Reviewed 19 March 2017

We visited Galway during off season but had a beautiful day to try and cycle along the Wild Atlantic way
Being avid cyclists we really didn't want clunky city bikes and found that
West Ireland Cycle was open year round unlike some of the other rental places
They treated us Great , set us up on a couple Cross overs made by Trek
gave us some advise and a map and added in a lock set and tire flat kit just in case
We had a wonderful ride along the WAY although it does have a bit of traffic but people seem respectful of cyclists
If you Ride and want to get some Crank time in these are the folks to call on !

1  Thank James S

Reviewed 18 January 2017

Cycling the Camino de Santiago & what to bring - I hired a Bike and accessories from Liam and team who took all the stress out of planning

The recommended Bike was fully serviced and they could think off and supply everything I needed and at a really good price too. so glad I left it all to the experts in cycle tours.

Thanks

Reviewed 31 October 2016

I booked a short trip to Ireland and was hoping I'd be able to get out to the countryside and get some decent biking in. I only had one day in Galway that would work for a day trip and found the customer service from John easily the best I've probably had in my life. John arranged to drop off a bike for me at my BNB so when i arrived I'd have a bike waiting for me. Since I wasn't taking the normal multi-day trip he was able to customize a drop off for me just north of Galway into Connemara. The entire experience was effortless and went beyond and went far beyond your average transactional exchange.

If I could go back I would spend more time out in Galway and go for a longer tour.

Reviewed 18 October 2016

We rented bikes from West Ireland Cycling for a bike tour from Galway to Westport.
John met us at the Connemara Airport with bikes and panniers and was patient and informative. The bikes were in excellent condition which proved very beneficial as we biked into strong headwinds on day two of the trip. John provided us with maps, suggested routes and suggested stops. I would highly recommend West Ireland Cycling to anyone interested in cycling in this part of Ireland.

Reviewed 22 September 2016

We hired a tandem bike for a long weekend's cycling trip around Mayo and Galway. John was extremely helpful in arranging our pick up/drop off of the bike, bringing it all the way up to Knock airport for us and even dropping us at my family's town a 20 minute drive away from there. He also called off his own back a few times to suggests improvements to our plan and routes which would make the most of our trip. The price was extremely reasonable and we had no problems with any of the gear. All of his recommendations turned out to be hits and we were extremely grateful for his expert local knowledge. They really went the extra mile to help us out and we had a fantastic trip as a result of it! Thanks very much!