“Perfect bike rental, great service”

West Ireland Cycling
More attraction details
Owner description: At West Ireland Cycling we have been organising cycling tours for over 40 years. A third generation family owned cycling business harnessessing local knowledge to provide a unique cycling experience. Based in Galway City, close to the heart of Connemara, the Burren, the Aran Island and the Wild Atlantic Way we are perfectly positioned to offer a wide variety of spectacular cycling holidays in unique unspoilt landscapes. Join us to experience the best of Irish hospitality, meet the locals and explore the stunning natural beauty of Irelands West Coast. Explore our rural country lanes by bike and create memories to last a lifetime with your family and friends.
Reviewed 15 June 2016

I visited Galway on business and rented a road bike at West Ireland Cycling. The bike was perfect (Trek 1.1 road bike), set up with pedals of my liking etc. The staff was also super-helpful with payment options, and even borrowed me a loaner bike before paying (so I could bike to the ATM nearby). All in all - very good experience renting here!

Biking in Ireland is also fantastic; what a scenery! A little trick to get used to left-hand-side driving. Most cars pretty thoughtful. Roads are varying from fantastic to pretty rough. The top experience was the trip to Cliffs of Moher - simply stunning!

Reviewed 11 June 2016 via mobile

Just completed the Connemara Express self guided tour brilliantly organised and supported by Nathan and the team at West Ireland Cycling. Great B&Bs, decent bikes and a helpful team organising our transfers etc. Great holiday.

Reviewed 27 May 2016

We rented two bikes for 8 days and cycled 250km in Connemara. The bikes and equipment were great and Liam and his team were more than helpful regarding the itinerary, restaurants, hostels and nice camping spots. Couldn't ask for more, these guys were awesome. I hope we'll have the chance to come back next year for more.

Reviewed 22 May 2016

The service provided by the staff at West Ireland Cycling was excellent. The bike was a very new and reliable Trek. The bed and breakfasts arranged for me were comfortable, the breakfasts were filling, and the hosts welcoming. The routes recommended were suited to my level and breathtakingly beautiful. My first solo bike adventure was so well-supported yet independent, and even the Irish weather cooperated! I was thrilled with this adventure!

Reviewed 20 May 2016

My husband and I booked a 3 day self guided bike tour with these guys and had a fantastic time! We were warmly greeted by Hachi (Liam's dog) and driven to Maam crossing where our adventure began. They provided us with great bikes, maps, and panniers with some tools and a tire repair kit. The route was a perfect level of difficulty for us (we are active but not regular cyclists). A couple of the B&Bs we stayed in were a bit cold but we were there in the spring so that wouldn't be a problem in the summer. All the people we met along the way were so friendly and welcoming. I would definitely recommend West Ireland Cycling for anyone who wants to explore West Ireland by bike. Thank you to the entire team for such an amazing time :)