“Wouldn't really be first choice recommendation”

Chi Pan Asian Takeaway Galway
Ranked #315 of 495 Restaurants in Galway
Price range: US$9 - US$14
Cuisines: Chinese, Malaysian, Thai
Dining options: Delivery, Takeout
Description: CHI take-away brings Galway healthy convenience food choices using locally sourced fresh ingredients. Chef Andy Bandara uses the highest-quality local produce to create Asian dishes with impact. His menu reflects his wide culinary experience, offering main courses from Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, China and Vietnam.Open Tuesday- Wednesday, Thursday& Sunday 5-10pmFriday & Saturday 5-11pmClosed Monday
Reviewed 8 November 2016 via mobile

While the restaurant is designed nicely the food is not as great as the other asian cuisines. Not a bad location. Service was friendly but the food needs alot of improvement.

Reviewed 14 November 2015

Ordered delivery to the B&B I was staying in using Just-Eat.ie and paid by debit card.

Got a call saying the delivery would be later than expected due to the restaurant only opening for the day, which was fine. Was told the owner was coming out my way so would drop it to me on the way. Brilliant!

However, when she arrived she explained that a €3 delivery charge hadn't been applied. I didn't have cash on me so all I could do was explain that I'd paid using Just-Eat. She seemed at a bit of a loss and said I could "get us next time."

I understand her frustration but in this case it wasn't my fault I wasn't charged; I paid what I'd been asked and it made for an awkward situation.

The food was quite nice but the experience was awkward and would make me look elsewhere for food next time.

noodlehouse3, Owner at Chi Pan Asian Takeaway Galway, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2015

Seriously! Waitress had told customer that we start deliveries after 5....and that there was only pick up until then and that he didn't pay the delivery charge....( I think that most people realize the pay delivery charge especially Just -Eat customers as this person was) that we also have a minimum order of €12.00....this order was €9.95....I explained to the waitress that I was heading in the general direction of the B & B I could drop the food....It was a really wet & windy afternoon and I had to put myself out because of Friday evening traffic...but as I live life with an open heart I was happy to go a little our of my way ..... . Sorry but it seems customer was embarrassed that I asked for the delivery charge which he was reluctant to fetch so I let it go...& thought good deed done for the day..the elements were too fierce to stand & force the issue... .....GRATITUDE would have been a healthy response ...customer had free delivery with a below the minimum order, CHI pay 12% commission to the online ordering Co and the credit card charge as well....
SAD!!!

Reviewed 25 August 2015 via mobile

Use this takeaway quite regularly. Without exception food has always been delicious. Everyone in our family of four gets something and are always pleased. Great selection . Vegetarians are well catered for. Food fresh . Leaves you satisfied but not stuffed. My only complaint is there usually something missing or added to our order. This has happened quite a lot even after rechecking the order when placing it. This weekend we got a rice we didn't order. That said if something is missing and you inform them they will credit to your next order. Would recommend it.

Reviewed 16 April 2015

Stopped in for a quick bite after walking the colorful town of Galway. The food blew my socks off. I ordered Pad Thai (light oil, please) and it arrived, fresh, delicious and cooked to perfection. The service was prompt, friendly, helpful and classy. We ordered Pu-Ehr tea and it was delicious, too. My companion ordered the green curry and raved about how flavorful and light the sauce was. We would go back in a nano second. Every dish that came out of the kitchen (below) was a jewel. I wanted to stay longer just to go back to this wonderful restaurant. They even gave us a sample of the loose Pu-Ehr tea to take home. Five stars all around.

1  Thank Kac Y
Reviewed 9 August 2014

While staying in Galway to look after a sick relative we thought to avoid having to cook one night. A friend of the landlady recommended chi to us. Her recommendation proved correct, we had a delightful selection of wonderfully flavoured dishes which were thoroughly enjoyed by all. We have been back for more and I expect will be again!