“The most friendly and delicious place !! ”
Review of Blakes Bar

Blakes Bar
Ranked #17 of 536 Restaurants in Galway
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Blake's Corner Bar, located in the heart of the city plays a big part of Galway's food scene. Since its establishment in 2012, there has been a strong focus on building an excellent reputation for food complemented by a friendly and professional service in comfortable surroundings. Blake's Corner Bar has built strong relationships with award winning local producers from which the menu is specifically designed, making the most of these ingredient by using the freshest supplies to create the best dishes. The bar is also part of the Galway Whiskey Trail offering a vast selection of whiskies and a trained whiskey ambassador to advise you all whiskey tastes. The bar serves an extensive breakfast, lunch and dinner menu and groups have the option to pre-book an area and choose from delectable deli boards and/or party food platters. All sporting events are live on H.D TVs.
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Blake’s is simply a MUST VISIT when in Galway. Not only do they have the most deliciously incredible food but they have the friendliest, sweetest & kindest employee, Ulick!!! I met this man two years ago in May 2016 on my first trip to Galway and he was just as delightful last month wen I saw him again as he was the first time I met him, he even remembered me from all those years ago. Coming back to Blake’s was something I was looking forward to my whole trip to Ireland, they have the best fish and chips and Irish coffee I have ever tasted and I recommend this place to anyone and everyone I know that travels to Galway! Wish I could give it 100 stars!!! See you next time Ulick :)

- Jessika (Toronto, Canada)

1  Thank Jessika C

Reviewed 19 March 2018

Great bar with excellent staff. They go out of their way to make you feel very welcome and look after you. Wonderful atmosphere here and suitable for all ages. I didn't try the food personally but a few other friends in our group did and found it be excellent. Will certainly be paying Blakes a visit next time I'm in Galway.

1  Thank Wendy C
Reviewed 14 March 2018 via mobile

This was a great place to visit the food was exceptional they really know how to look after you would definitely recommend

1  Thank Emma-jane M
Reviewed 13 March 2018

visited here 3 times on our 3 day stay to Galway, and had excellent friendly service each time. The food was brilliant, and exceptional friendly service and was made to feel very welcome by everyone that worked there, and they took a real interest in their customers, we will certainly be coming again. We made sure we had our last lunch before leaving for England. Ulich and another really friendly bar man (we didn't get his name) was really pleasant, fun and engaged with us very well) thank you for a great time, Mark, Sam, Emma and Anthony.

1  Thank Mark S
Reviewed 6 March 2018

Great food and more.
Nice atmospere and probably the best seafoodchowder or on the same level than the Mary Ploughboy in Dublin.
I had been trying all the dishes that we had and they were all extremely delicious and I like the fact that a couple weeks before the chef and the manager or owner were sitting at a table beside us and they were talking menu, maybe new menus. I am from the business and I like it when people have a passion about what they are doing and I felt that . Keep it up and as I said it in the title WE WILL BE BACK.
People reading my critics know that there is always a little comment about the bathrooms and here they are clean, big and accessible. Accessible for wheelchairs.

1  Thank Claude A